free hit
counters
2011 Evora Recalled - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Justin182

2011 Evora Recalled

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks. Any idea whether that is just going to be a US re-call, or should we be expecting this to be done in the UK as well?

I spoke to Lotus Customer Service today and it looks like being a Worldwide recall for those Evora S built between February and September 2011 (of which mine falls into the chassis numbers affected).

US recall announced first as the timescales to comply with in the US market are more stringent.

Lotus are in the process of contacting UK dealers and VOSA about a recall.

Apparently the failures have been on low mileage examples and the fact mine has covered 11000miles implies it might not fail??

Will be looking to arrange fitment of the revised part with the dealer at some point in the next few weeks.

Thanks. I may fall in to that bracket so will have a chat with B&C.

I'm getting the recall done next week at Silverstone, as she is going in for a couple of other things (air con has packed up and boot is leaking)

Also got a call, will be done together with half a dozen other g'tee things (one would have thought everything is sorted 18 months it but it's not) and swapping P Zero Corsas against Michelin Pilat Alpin 3 for the cold season.

Had it done last week also, when in the shop.

Seems its a pain in the a** to exchange that pipe unless the clam happens to be off at the time (which it was in my case).

Edited by TBD

Cheers for info Justin, this impacts me.

Here's a photo of the pipe that needs to be replaced. Does look a bit like a design mistake.

post-12365-0-02380600-1352365969.jpg

Edited by TBD

Apparently they thought the "garden hose" would stop vibrations... Mine will go to the dealer tomorrow.

Interesting, any pictures of what it looks like after the fix? Have they just replaced the hose with better hose, or replaced the whole line with a single piece?

Done by B&C (along with a few minor niggles). Can't say they complained about it being difficult, but I was leaving the car with them for several days anyway so they had plenty of time.

I had a call from Lotus this morning, mine's in Wednesday to get sorted

That one on ebay seems to have had a different problem and the oil line in the sill has blown the rear fitting.  Affected a handful of earlier cars and recall notices were issued a while back to those with affected cars.  This most recent recall affects more cars (only supercharged ones) and is a different part.  End result is fairly similar I'll grant you!