free hit
counters
Newlands Corner Monthly Meet - Sunday 21st October - Page 2 - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Newlands Corner Monthly Meet - Sunday 21st October

TomE

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a pretty clear drive over with Temple - and met some good people.

Had to smile though, when the police car did a slow circuit of the car park. Was he admiring the cars - or eyeing up the 'customers'??..

I was passing a Sunday driver.... no 'Sport' enagaged so could've been worse regardless of the outcome!

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

• Gold FFM

I saw the police go round the Newlands Corner car park three times while I was there this morning. They patrol pretty frequently at weekends as there have been quite a lot of car break ins there while people are off walking. Sometimes they park up and chat to us or the bikers, or just grab a bacon roll - no donuts at the cafe ;)

The scamera van on the dual carriageway going across to B&C is a regular location for them. They also run unmarked cars on that section - one followed me into B&C once!

Good to meet everybody and a good turn out.

I didn't see the Police van - was it actually on the A3?

Did you see the chump driving the Bentley/Rolls into the car park? What was his problem?

Enjoyed the drive there right up until I saw the two esprits in my mirrors when I suddenly wished I was in an Esprit

• Gold FFM

Good to meet everybody and a good turn out.

I didn't see the Police van - was it actually on the A3?

Did you see the chump driving the Bentley/Rolls into the car park? What was his problem?

Enjoyed the drive there right up until I saw the two esprits in my mirrors when I suddenly wished I was in an Esprit

The van is usually on the eastbound A246 between the traffic lights and Hatchlands Park, towards the end of the dualled section - roughly here: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.25300,-0.487400&hl=en&num=1&t=m&z=17