free hit
counters
New Esprit SE owner - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Andy Esprit SE

New Esprit SE owner

Hello everyone, I've got my teen age dream car recently in the form of a red 1989 Esprit SE, 2 owners although the last fella got it when it was 6 months old with just 36,000 mile on it.

I love it to bits so far even though there's a couple of issues I just look at it an get a smile on my face thinking back to a film that sold me this car when I was twelve called Teen Agent with the same model as I've got now as the lead car.

I've had it 5 weeks and replaced the fuel tank breather hose across the roof and rear quarters to stop the fuel smell, I've got a dodgy hand brake switch which pops a warning light on if you start the engine with the hand brake on, start it with the hand brake off and it's fine?

I've booked it in for a cam belt this week but the header tank cap is letting water out, I'm praying its just the cap as I drove it 300 miles or so to get it home with out a missed beat, flicker of a guage ( apart from fuel guage rocking) and a middle if the road temperature and oil pressure.

The oils clean, the waters clean, it hadnt used any water, i took the cap off to check the level before getting it out of the garage then its not held pressure since, hopefully all I need to do is source a cap in the manchester / preston area on Monday, if anyone has a recommendation where to get one please let me know.

Cheers

Andy

post-14973-0-57319200-1350150476.jpg

Edited by Andy Esprit SE

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Stunning!

Welcome to TLF :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Hi Andy,

welcome to the forum. That looks a lovely motor you have, great you picked the Stevens shape, they're getting rarer these days, there are many more post 93 Thompson designed Esprits on the road.

Good luck with your Esprit :).

Lovely looking car. nice plate too!

Welcome to the forum!

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Congratulations on the car, looks great. 300 miles home to Preston, didn't see any Esprit's when I was in Lands End :-). Get some more pics up, we luv em.

Bibs,

Sounds like you are getting withdrawal symptoms.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

I've just found SJ sports cars web site via a link on here and ordered a header tank cap so fingers crossed.

I got it from guernsey...... Just joking, I ran it back from Bristol then took out again the next day doing the rounds taking family and friends out for a run.

Im looking forward to doing all the jobs the lotus is gonna need doing through its life time, I just need a bigger garage ha ha !

Edited by Andy Esprit SE

Bibs,

Sounds like you are getting withdrawal symptoms.

Trevor.

Just booked my 4th trackday in 4 months, I'm good! :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Lovely looking car Andy. The Red still looks a nice Red as opposed to a pinky Red that a lot get. There's not much that Steve at SJ won't be able to get for you.

Enjoy :)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Welcome to TLF Andy. :welcome:

Nice looking car! :thumbup:

The SE was the first Lotus I looked at as well, but then I ended up with an S4 which I don't regret one bit.

Any questions or issues with the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Bumpersticker2.jpg

Congratulations! She's a stunner. Sounds like she found a good new keeper too. Good luck!