free hit
counters
Speedo's not happy... - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stirling_Villeneuve

Speedo's not happy...

Odd one this....

I noticed the speedo was reading 20mph when I was crawling along at 5-10mph, as I accelerated the speed increased from the position the needle was at, so 30-40mph was reading 50-60, i.e. + 20mph. I parked up, stopped the engine and the dial dropped to 10mph but no lower. So....

I started the car again, drove it up to 60mph and there it stayed even though I'd backed down to 30-40. It almost seems like it's a physical issue with the dial tracking slowly and then getting stuck, although the start up display tracks normally so I doubt that's the issue. The car's home and parked up, the display's still reading 10mph even with ignition's off.

Hmmm.... I'm sure that's not right! :help:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Mine sometimes doesn't go back to zero after turning on the ignition.

Never more than 10mph.

No rhyme or reason to it.

It always drops back after a few hours.

I just use the digital Km display to be sure.

Intriguing... the car's due for it's 1k tighten up and prod very soon so I'll get it looked over. Cheers for mentioning the Km display, I'd forgotten about that, I'm just looking at the important conversion figures now!

The amazing Evora's sorted itself out.... situation 'normal', for now at least! I'll still mention it when it goes in for it's check and tweak, maybe there's a diagnostic doodad that can sort it out? It's nice to know it's a proper Lotus though! :smoke:

The SatNav can show speed as well (or at least the Alpine unit does). Some people reckon that is more accurate than the speedo anyway.

My original Evora had something which sounds a bit similar. It occasionally used to read 10mph at rest (and read 10mph over for the rest of the journey).

After a couple of new instrument packs and other fiddles the factory eventually sorted it (I think) with a software update to the instrument pack. Neil Turner at the factory was, as ever, very helpful - I'm sure he would know exactly what they did to the car.

Peter

My speedo only works when it wants to on the 2012 evora.Any idea what the problem might be?I had the same problem with the GT,and found that it was just the ground.Thanks to the forum,after the dealer said there was nothing wrong with it.I Had to fix it myself.

Thanks

Orest