free hit
counters
LEGS Eleven @ The Bingo 4th November 2012 - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

LEGS Eleven @ The Bingo 4th November 2012

bingoking

A few of our regular LEGS breakfast attendees suggested that it might be fun to organise a breakfast meeting one Sunday morning at "The Bingo"!

I have spoken to the General Manager at the bingo club at Carlton Bingo, Fife Leisure Park, Dunfermline and have arranged with him that we can arrive for breakfast 10:00am have 3 games of bingo about 10:45am and depart at our usual time of midday. There is ample car parking and an area will be set aside for the cars. The club is being opened an hour earlier than normal for our exclusive use and because of the size of the auditorium we will be grouped at tables around the bingo caller. The Bistro will be open for breakfast rolls or full breakfast, teas, coffees, soft drinks if you choose, however the bar will be closed. The club will be open to the members from 11:00am.

If you are a bingo Virgin, now is you chance to have a go for the first time .......and the best part is there will be real prize money. The 3 page book will cost £5 per person to play and the potential prize money if we get 20 people playing will be 2 pages with prize money of single line £5 and full house £20, and the last page single line £10 and full house £40. Don't worry if you don't understand how to play, full instructions will be given. I will stress here that the bingo club will not make any money out of the bingo games and if we get more people playing then the prize money will increase.

You will, as everyone that has never been in a bingo club before, have preconceived ideas of what a bingo club is like however Dunfermline FLP is one of the most modern Bingo Clubs in the country and was opened in 2005.

Check out the website here http://www.carltonbingo.com/Community-Our-Clubs-Dunfermline-Fife-Leisure-Park.aspx

I need an early indication if this is to go ahead as the General Manager will need to bring catering staff in earlier to prepare for us arriving at the Bistro for breakfast. Please add your name to the list and say if you want to play bingo or whether you are only coming along for breakfast.

Unfortunately because this is a licensed bingo club we are not allowed to have anyone under the age of 18 years of age on the bingo premises.

Oh, and although I will be there, for obvious reasons I will not be playing bingo!

AndrewC, I have taken the liberty of adding your name as it was your idea originally.

1: bingoking + 1 Breakfast only

2: AndrewC +1 Breakfast and Bingo two

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Brian, I know you know i am away already, so you will not be surprised for me to say I can't attend - dammit. I would have attended after your personal tour of the Stirling Club a few months back.

For anybody on the fence that is a Bingo virgin I must admit to some pre-conceptions that were not valid when i saw the club and that was an older building as well.

Hope you have a great morning and good weather for the drive out. Now what are we doing for December that I can attend?? :scooter:

Al.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

A few internal photographs of the venue for our next breakfast club meeting.

468326_283978841670977_138895886_o.jpg

478487_283978671670994_1656206194_o.jpg

460466_284019795000215_535684835_o.jpg

OK

Here is the list so far including those who have PM'd me.

1. Kelly's Eye (AndrewC +1) Breakfast and Bingo for two
  2. One little duck (George & Sandra) Breakfast and Bingo for two
  3. One lone tree (Kay & Mark) Breakfast and Bingo for two
  4. Knock at the door (Dave & Sharron) Breakfast and Bingo for two

5. Man alive (Derek & Karen) Breakfast and Bingo for two

You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unwelcome season. 

6. Tom Mix (Jim & Wendy) Breakfast and Bingo for two

7. Lucky (David & Richard) Breakfast and Bingo for two

If anyone is interested and depending on the weather etc it might be quite nice to go for a wee run after the Bingo.

What about either the Fife Coastal Road to St Andrews or up to Dunkeld via Crieff and The Sma' Glen.

Any other suggestions welcome and we can decide on the day.

I went for a run up to Dunkeld on Saturday with the family - the autumn colours were stunning.

7. Lucky (David & Richard) Breakfast and Bingo for two

8. Humorous Bingo analogy (Mark [never played] and Jane) Breakfast and Bingo for two

Mark,

We were in Dunkeld on Saturday as well and went for a lovely walk in Atholl Woods. We had planned to walk up to Loch Ordie but cut it short and headed back to Dunkeld.

8137881896_73ec5d47bc_b.jpg

Kelly's Eye No1: (AndrewC +1) Breakfast and Bingo for two

One little duck No2: (George & Sandra) Breakfast and Bingo for two

One lone tree No3: (Kay & Mark) Breakfast and Bingo for two

Knock at the door No4: (Dave & Sharron) Breakfast and Bingo for two

Man alive No5: (Derek & Karen) Breakfast and Bingo for two

Tom Mix No6: (Jim & Wendy) Breakfast and Bingo for two

Lucky No7: (David & Richard) Breakfast and Bingo for two

Humorous Bingo analogy ~ That would be Garden Gate No8: (Mark [never played] and Jane) Breakfast and Bingo for two

So who's next? All Bingo Virgins welcome.

Doctor's Orders No9

Cameron's Den No10:

Legs Eleven No11 :whistle:

I would be up for a run afterwards as well weather permitting, we went to St Andrews after the torrential rain the other week and the Elise did not enjoy the deep water.

Humorous Bingo analogy ~ That would be Garden Gate No8: (Mark [never played] and Jane) Breakfast and Bingo for two

Doctor's orders No9. (Sandy and Babs) Breakfast and Bingo for 2

Please note that if you are coming along on Sunday you will need to be there by 10:20am as this is a private function not open to the public so the doors will be closed at that time. Bingo eyes down will be 10:45am.

Doctor's orders No9. (Sandy and Babs) Breakfast and Bingo for two

Cameron's Den No10: (Alan & Gwen) Breakfast an Bingo for two

LEGS Eleven No11: (bingoking & Mrs Bingoking) Breakfast and Bingo for One (Well someone has to call the numbers)

One Dozen No12:

Unlucky for some: No13:

Getting excited then Brian? :cheers: Looks like being another good turnout.

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

If its not too late, would like to make this one.

Gerard plus 1. Bingo for 2.

Doctor's orders No9. (Sandy and Babs) Breakfast and Bingo for two

Cameron's Den No10: (Alan & Gwen) Breakfast an Bingo for two

LEGS Eleven No11: (bingoking & Mrs Bingoking) Breakfast and Bingo for One (Well someone has to call the numbers)

One Dozen No12:

If its not too late? would like to make this one.

Gerard plus 1. Bingo for 2.

Edited by gedi

Hi Gerard,

Your back! Better change your car on the Signature heh, heh! Drive carefully now........ see you sometime after the 15th for a trip down to Corrieri's and Pete?? I am due home then choppers allowing. I may be a day late if this last week is anything to go by.

Cheers,

Al.

Brian,

Big thanks for organising the day, much appreciated.

Really great venue, its amazing listening to you about how much Bingo has changed over the years. Must admit I was so impressed about how the place looked. It was a good breakfast, great fun inside and enjoyed the couple of games.

I think I have found how to incorporate fitness and bingo into one activity in case you are interested:

I reckon with the concept of the bingo dabber and batak board http://www.batak.com/ (as used by the F1 drivers) would allow you play the game and get yourself fit. (just think of the batak board as the bingo grids which you have to hit). It could be the 2013 fitness craze (and not more 2 fat ladies)

Apologies that we were not able to join you for the run after the event as we had another appointment that we could not get out of.

George

Edited by douglasgdmw

Thanks to all who were brave enough to come along and loose their Bingo Virginity. It was a great morning and afterwards Mark and I headed up the Aberfeldy through the Sma' Glen. Lovely drive. The day was rounded off with a great win by Kimi, putting the Lotus name back on the top spot on the podium.

Thanks for the batak suggestion George looks interesting but too energetic for me.

8154284779_5879fd8abb_b.jpg

Thanks to Shaun and his team at Carlton Bingo, Dunfermline for looking after us so well.

Thanks for the batak suggestion George looks interesting but too energetic for me.

Sandra and I competed at Batak when down at Porsche Silverstone centre - your right that about it being energetic. Highly recommended if anyone gets the chance (although it does get competitive).

Yep - big thanks to the Carlton Bingo team especially as they must have come in early to set everything up.

George

Edited by douglasgdmw

Many thanks Brian, another great day out. And thanks also to the team at Carlton for looking after us. The drive up to Aberfeldy was a real treat given the views north and the snow covered mountains.

It was obviously my weekend - a win on the lottery Friday, a prediction Saturday that Kimi would win which he duly did today, a win on the lottery Saturday and Jane winning on the Bingo this morning. :D

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.