free hit
counters
brake servo rerpair kit - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone fitted one of these?

I tried one for my Europa Special after the original failed.

It was very difficult getting the two halves of the diaphragm back together & after refitting, when braking the pedal used to push back against my foot which meant I was braking harder & harder for no extra effort. :shock:

I spoke to Girling Technical Support who said this was caused by the seals leaking internally because of debris in the cylinders. I ended up replacing it with a new servo.

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

• 1 month later...

The kits from Girling that I've seen have enough parts to rebuild any one of four different style servos, and the instructions basically had four diagrams, saying "if you have this style of servo, use these parts like this ; ; ; that style of servo, use such and such part as so" . . . and so on. I think you're usually left with a couple of extra parts that don't apply to your specific servo, but I could be mistaken.

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

It depends on your attitude to stopping.

I went here, small place, the guy knows what he doing and tests every thing together, he also did my calipers, not cheap.

http://classicbrake.co.uk/

Photo's in signature link below.

Esprit S1, 238G, Blog

Online Photo's

This car was most definately hand built, NOTHING FITS!