free hit
counters
Lotus Esprit GT3 Rejuvination - a bit of nip and tuck & botox - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
arbell9

Lotus Esprit GT3 Rejuvination - a bit of nip and tuck & botox

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Another update, been a couple of days until I took some photos of the seats.

They have been completely refurbished and re-trimmed in Anthracite Leather with Racing Green stitching to highlight and a silver/grey ACBC Lotus roundel stitched in the back pane of each seat.They have new firmer foam inside and I have chucked away the inflatable bag that was in each seat. I have gone for a modern look and got rid of the old style piping.

Pictures have been taken with and without flash as the colour changes depending on how bright the light is and what type.

LotusEspritGTrefurb22.jpg

LotusEspritGTrefurb26.jpg

LotusEspritGTrefurb23.jpg

LotusEspritGTrefurb24.jpg

LotusEspritGTrefurb25.jpg

LotusEspritGTrefurb21.jpg

The cost of each seat has been £300. They really are fabulous, smell of lovely new leather and will really improve the look and comfort in the car.

The folk who have done the work are:

KRJ Trimmers & Upholsterers

Unit L Sheriff House, Nantwich Rd, Middlewich CW10 0LH Cheshire

Tel: 01606 834480

Seats look great........................you have the same carpet as me !!!!! (has yours faded badly in sunlight ??) sorry to be off topic.

Alex,

Seats look really nice and a good price too.

Trevor.

Hi Alex,

Those seats look great and a reasnoable price too! I would like to have mine changed to the diamond pattern in the middle. Not sure whether to do them just yet as there's nothing actually wring with my seats.

I saw your car on Wednesday in the flesh. Paul let me take a look around, hope you don't mind. It's going to look really smart when it's finished.

So what's the ETA on this now?

David

Hi Dave,

It's ok you got to see the work in progress, Paul is really happy with how its turned out. will be good advertising for their bodyshop webpage. They should be finished and the car MOTed by Wednesday. It was amazing to see how old and cracked the previous leather was when it was side by side to the new seats. We can hook up soon after I get it back. It does feel like I am getting a brand new car.

Alex

I should be yes, the new seats were delivered to the body shop yesterday, so should be finished this week. The guy needs to work on the stripes as they go down where the sunroof sits, he's not happy with his first attempt, and the spoiler was still waiting to be painted. Thens its mot time and after that it gets a valet and the decals go on.

Those stripes look fantastic and I wanted to put something like that on my boring old dark blue colour however the wife has put her foot down. Says it would look like a boy racers car rather than a cherished marque and all those Focus ST's will be lining up at the traffic lights tempting you into a race. OK for something like that if you are under 30 but at my age I think I will have to stick to the boring colour

Here you boys and gals:

She is looking pretty gorgeous now, wont be to everyones taste but i like it, lots.

LotusEspritGT3_.jpg

LotusEspritGT3_-2.jpg

LotusEspritGT3_-3.jpg

LotusEspritGT3-1-3.jpg

LotusEspritGT3-1-4.jpg

LotusEspritGT3-1-2.jpg

LotusEspritGT3-1-6.jpg

LotusEspritGT3-1-5.jpg

LotusEspritGT3-1-10.jpg

LotusEspritGT3-1-9.jpg

At home on the drive:

LotusEspritGT3-1-8.jpg

LotusEspritGT3-1-7.jpg

Only one blemish to sort, the decal glue has reacted with the matte black paint on the spoiler so they are redoing it next week, it will have to be glossed. I am having it though this week to show it off though lol.

Great job by Kev and the guys at Christopher Neills body shop.

Looks very nice Alex, when are we going to see it in the flesh?

Trevor.

Mate. That looks stunning! Really like the finished inside and out. If that was me, I wouldnt want to get it dirty now lol.