free hit
counters
Thermal Ignition Valve - Carb turbo - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mike6

Thermal Ignition Valve - Carb turbo

When I rebuilt my engine I replaced all the vacuum pipes and the Thermal Ignition Valve etc but whilst scanning the Service Notes I noticed that there is a restrictor orifice in the line between this valve and the distributor capsule. The Service Notes say this is to damp out pulsations (Section EMF page 4).

I don't recall seeing anything like this, and the restrictor isn't shown on the parts list nor does it appear to be sold by SJs etc.

Does anyone know whether this is an important component or whether it was actually fitted to cars

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I don't have an '88 Esprit but can confirm my '86 Excel has one in the vac lines. It appears to be little more than a small piece of metal with a small hole through it to make the vac pressure at one end of the hose slower to respond then the other end.

Thanks Andy, will knock something up. Roughly what diameter is the small hole - that could make a difference in operation

I'll try and have a look at the weekend but from memory and that was a few months ago with a quick look I'd say it's less than 1mm, possibly 0.7mm.