free hit
counters
Press car....Built better or been driven like its been stolen. - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Press car....Built better or been driven like its been stolen.

Having made a tough decision a few months to part with the Esprit, the idea was to put some money into the bank as my wife was on maternity. Then you know when you do something and then think have I done the right thing, well the first person to turn up the veiw the car turn up in an S2 Elise, you can guess what happen next, £300 in my favour and the Esprit turns into an Elise, and she who must be obeyed was pleased because she can drive it as well and the car seat still fits. Turns out though this Elise was a Lotus Press car from Nov 2001 till March 2003 according the Cert. from Lotus although theres no details who drove it. Just wondering is there any difference in the way there built i.e better because they are going to get a hard time. Also in the Haynes book LOTUS 'THE CREATIVE EDGE' on page 160 there is a car that looks identical. Any ideas guys.....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear in mind that your car's life with Lotus was 10 years ago. The benefits and problems of being on the press fleet will be long gone. It's more recent history will be of greater relevance.

You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unwelcome season. 

Might be one of the Elises I drove while making the Duke 'Best of British - Lotus' video. Certainly no power drifting on those roundabouts near Hethel in the early hours coming back from Great Yarmouth, as that would probably be illegal!

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"