free hit
counters
Lady Jane: Failed Wide-body Project - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
karmavore

Lady Jane: Failed Wide-body Project

For years I'd been contemplating a custom wide-body project.

In early 2011 I commissioned some renderings and then spent months shopping them around to local body shops,but no one was interested in seeing my vision to reality... until one brave soul stepped forward.

Long story short: after 8 months in his shop we got no where -- he was a scammer -- and I had to end up abandoning the effort.

Anyway, I thought you all might be interested in seeing the renderings and some of the foam work..

Foam:

post-78-0-87008800-1351694257.jpg

post-78-0-52725100-1351694267.jpg

post-78-0-36905100-1351694274.jpg

post-78-0-94851800-1351694282.jpg

post-78-0-30817600-1351694292.jpg

post-78-0-80312600-1351694320.jpg

post-78-0-74795000-1351694337.jpg

post-78-0-41009300-1351694349.jpg

post-78-0-98677800-1351694365.jpg

post-78-0-80698300-1351694550.jpg

post-78-0-19987900-1351694557.jpg

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Maybe it's just me, but may I please ask that you don't do that?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

I prefer it as it is, but I love the images.

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order, AS THEY SHOULD BE !

if I see the rear end right: if you want to own a Nissan Skyline R33/34, go and buy one .. ;)

..as a note, the 'Testarossa wannabe' side scoops don't fit the style, the late '80 BMW 8series wheelarches are more within the lines of the S4 style. From my impression the S4 without those ugly wheelarch-liners (as S4s/V 8) looks good if you just add bigger wheels and use spacers to match all with the edge of the original wheelarch.

If you're aim really is an flatt ride beast look -try to get in contact with karlUK !

Edited by Günter

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

I quite like the second picture. Subtle.

The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit - Richard Pryor -1971

I quite like the second picture. Subtle.

That's what we were going for: box flares a la an E30 M3. It would have been really hard to pull off; the shape of the body doesn't lend it's self well to being squared off.

will you make use of the extra space you gain ? ..as for bigger fuel-tanks, or an 'intrusion blockage' for the tanks ?

If you are really bored with your car/its stylings, ok ..go for the wheelhousing dimension from the second picture, would also say that this -in combination with the factory engine-bay ventilation duct [lower sill]- is the most elegant style of your pictures. But as said, with this it looks just like an Skyline ..rear is boxed, front is not -so are there any plans for an additional mod on the front track ?

The 'double step' on the nose is also not as elegant as the nose of an ordinary Pininfarina styled F355.

I think -that is something what also could be improved,

( together with a more practicable way of fitting the bumber ;) )

Edited by Günter

The flare in the rear was meant to be purely cosmetic with only a modest (and inch at most) of body widening on either side.

Beyond the box flare I really don't see any other similarity to the R34.

E30 M3 flares. I like it. Hard to get right as it seems you have already discovered. Upon reflection it looks like the first pic has had the standard arches pulled out slightly. I like that as well. Personally I am not a big fan of all the extra inlets etc. but these are purely subjective. You have to do modifications that you want to. Its hard to find a large group of people with the same desires, ideas and taste as you. I will do a few subtle mods to my car soon but I have no intention of advertising them here ;-) Not until its finished at least.

Even though it looks like you have abandoned the idea for the future it might be and idea to take a mould of the rear panel and construct a few of your ideas that way? Might be better than potentially damaging your pride and joy with an idea you don't like.

The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit - Richard Pryor -1971

What you can do in Photoshop and what can be accomplished in reality are much different.

Beyond the box flare I really don't see any other similarity to the R34.

....flared on the rear, conventional on the front -that's like R34 ..and round taillights