free hit
counters
First production white 1980 Esprit Turbo on EBay Australia - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Lex Templar

First production white 1980 Esprit Turbo on EBay Australia

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

At least you get free shipping (although probably not to the Islands and Highlands :lol:)

That is pretty steep I think... even for the colour and spec - so are you selling your's Trev?

I think I may well do, yes.

Trevor.

Does being the first off the line make it more rare? Mine was the only 687th off the line ever!!!

Now the 007th off the line that would be worth a lot more!!

Buddsy

It says that it's got an HC engine - so the original dry sump one has been replaced?

When it says it's the first Esprit Turbo does he mean after the Essex cars were built or a pre production prototype?

I guess he means the first Esprit Turbo that isn't an Essex. I remember the chap posting on here about hie car and track days. A little steep even by your standards Barrie? :-)

Trevor.

Its worth what he can get!

However if its got an HC engine it cant possibly be worth anything like £75K. No longer original. With an HC engine 30K max and thats to someone with more money than sense

I guess he means the first Esprit Turbo that isn't an Essex. I remember the chap posting on here about hie car and track days. A little steep even by your standards Barrie? :-)

Trevor.

Yes if it's not an Essex and has got the wrong engine

Looking promising for my sale then as mine still has a dry sump and the brown leather as per Bond! What you reckon Barrie?

Trevor.

Looking promising for my sale then as mine still has a dry sump and the brown leather as per Bond! What you reckon Barrie?

Trevor.

Trevor

I wouldn't want to insult you by suggesting a high valuation on your car. You'd only get upset with me and say I was being unrealistic and that it was worth far less. :D

I've not used it for 9 months or so and had a project offered to me that I'm interested in so.............

Trevor.

So you need to get it out tomorrow morning and travel with 2 other Dry sump Esprits, realise what an amazing car it is and put interesting projects on hold.

It certainly is an interesting car and had it been MOT'd taxed and insured that's probably what I would do. Maybe seeing the dry sumps tomorrow will change my mind about selling. Otherwise we can have an interesting chat about pricing :-)

Trevor.

Anyone see/know this one? http://cgi.ebay.co.u...id=407007509052

Located in Australia it claims to the first Turbo built? The fact that it also 'claims' a commemorative Black nose badge indicates to me that its not all it seems. Certainly an early Turbo but the 1st? :huh:

The reg. does not appear on the Essex list is have/update which includes the pre-prods.......

sales are in the sales-section:

Apologies missed this first thread about this car. I'd be interested to see the chassis number of this car. I've the full confirmed factory list of the first Turbos including Essex and Pre-prod and the reg does not appear on that at all?

Mark that white Eclat looks fantastic!