free hit
counters
eCOTY - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

eCOTY

Exige V6!

Joint winner with the Huayra, well done Lotus! :thumbsup:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Very good result, must be quite some car.

Trevor.

You can buy 15 of them for the price of 1 Huayra and have change!

The new EVO just arrived, with its COTY feature, included a DVD.

The Exige S TIES for first place -

25 - Pagani Huayra

25 - Lotus Exige S

22 - Porsche Boxter S

15 - McLaren MP$-12C

12 - Porsche 911 Carrera

6 - BMW M135i

"Both cars make you feel insanely good about life, embodying everything we love about cars and driving"

OK, now I am off to watch the DVD and probably have a lie down thinking about the cost difference....

There is also a very positive review of the Evora 414E hybrid (and the Infiniti Emerg-e which uses it is their concept of the year), a Tesla Roadster on an iced lake in the frozen North which fares well and finally a double page ad for the Exige, which I hope means customer cars are imminent.

All in all a positive issue as far as Lotus is concerned. I really hope DRB don't blow it....

Edited by hedgerley

Wow great news, with production about to start in earnest I hope they can be translated into sales!

Buddsy

Maybe that will give suppliers and the public some confidence in the company.

And here's hoping that DRB leverage off the announcement.

Good news and can't wait to go home to read the article.

Means that I have/will be lucky enough to own 2 of EVO's Car of the Year. Lotus Evora and now Exige V6.

Just hope that this good exposure starts to turn around the company and Lotus gets some more orders in (although it does mean that us early adopters will be less exclusive).

George

More interested now to try a V6.With the news that the recession is over (fingers crossed) and the possibility of seeing the cars reach dealers, perhaps this may all come a the right time.

Trevor.

Really enjoyed the DVD. The track piece with Tiff Needell grated a bit but the driving shots from the Scottish Borders were most enjoyable. I would have actually preferred nothing but the road testing but hey, I'm a boring old fart and am not particularly good on track.

The tracking shots of the Pagaini and the Lotus at the end looked really cool.

DVD? Where? Come on, chop chop, link me up.

Trevor.

It comes with the magazine Trevor which should be on the shelves in a few days. Give it a week or two and no doubt it will be up on evo's website.

Here's a tease (photographed from my computer screen). I don't want to risk the ire of the copyrighters so this is all you are getting!

IMAG0142.jpg

Edited by hedgerley

RTFP Trevor. :-) thanks fellas ill pick a copy up.

Trevor.

Happy to post you mine if you dont get the chance Trevor.

Thanks Bibs, I'll let you know if I don't/can't get one.

Trevor.

Very well done Lotus :animier: but does anyone else not think that the whole event is pretty meaningless without a single Fezza in it?? :question:

I think it's a reflection of how homologous each of the ferraris produced in the last few years have become. My non petrol head friends can't name a single one. Almost like its just another red Ferrari. I have no doubt they are good cars but they don't stand out any more, or that the advances in each new model don't really differentiate it from the previous one. I find Tiff Needler always seems to be overtly critical of lotus cars, the other testers seem to give balanced views. It was surprising to see how close the 911 and boxer were in performance.

Very well done Lotus :animier: but does anyone else not think that the whole event is pretty meaningless without a single Fezza in it?? :question:

According to evo's 'The eCOTY Nearly Cars -

'The Ferrari 458 Spyder ........inclusion was virtually guaranteed earlier this year after discussions with Ferrari, but as eCOTY approached a message came through from Maranello that it simply didn't have enough cars to support the test. This gave us little time to secure a customer car and hence a potential winner was removed from the 2012 test. And the Ferrari F12? Its a MY13 car, as is the new Aston Martin Vanquish, so roll on eCOTY in 12 months time......'

Edited by hedgerley

Happy with the fact that the Exige V6 was included and obviously the result but based upon the fact that no customers/dealers have received one, should the Exige V6 technically be in 2013 eCOTY?

George

Edited by douglasgdmw

Thanks for posting the video Mark. Really enjoyed it.