free hit
counters
Lotus 907 engine (overhauled..) - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tocus

Lotus 907 engine (overhauled..)

Edit: Please post adverts in our free classifieds.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

can you prove that its a lotus and not a Jensen Healey Engine? (cam covers could have been changed)

why the block looks like being painted with silver paint? alloy does not need to be painted if treated and cleaned correctly.

it comes out of a 1976 elite, i can prove that! so its a real lotus engine, i know for sure...

at second, (good question) they grey colour i painted it, is because only overhauld the cilinderhead (the head) of the engine,

and i cleand the hole engine, and i just respray it, because i think it looks better then when you have a engine with many spots and marks on it,

it looks great inside a esprit or a eclat/elite, very nice when the car is restored...

why the block looks like being painted with silver paint? alloy does not need to be painted if treated and cleaned correctly.

Cam covers dont need be painted. Theres a lot of things that dont need to be done. I painted my block silver just as I think it looks much nicer. Looks a good job and worth the money if you ask me. I paid nearly £800 in gaskets alone.

Buddsy

yess i know the parts of this engines are very expensive, i know...

but we have are own company (my dad has..) and he is driven a lotus esprit turbo se. (1990) so also a lotus person

(thats why i fell in love with lotus.....)

so i can do it very cheap, at my dad's place, thats why i putt down that price,

the cam covers are painted black out of the factory (maby usa spec. not i dont know..)

but i respray them inside the same colour Whrinkle paint, you can buy it only (what i know) at the harley davidson shop,

the lotus dealer here from the netherlands dont can get it also, and i say to them, that they must buy it there,

then you have the right colour back on the cams...

i was just saying i thought it looked a good job and the price was not expensive.

Buddsy :thumbsup:

Edit: Please post adverts in our free classifieds.