free hit
counters
Forgive me Evora, for I have sinned... - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Justin182

Forgive me Evora, for I have sinned...

Unfortunately they do attract that sort of behaviour and I'm not sure why. That never happened to me but I was paranoid about leaving the car anywhere which detracted from pleasure of ownership. Leave any Lotus parked and you come back to find admirers and compliments. Unfortunately Uk is the wrong place for a Ferrari because of this behaviour which you just wouldn't get parked in Italy. Similar to Lotus in the UK.

Trevor.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Al, thanks for that. The 360 was definately going to be a weekend car. I would have had something else to kick around in, unlike just now as the Evora is my only car :)

I can appreciate they can be a bit of hassle, but I think thats part of the charm maybe?! I'm not sure. I think my problem is I don't know what I want, well I actually want loads of different things! :hrhr: Annoyingly the Evora is as good as its ever been recently. Its awesome. Ive just got back from a superb Euro trip in it, yet I cant help but fancy a change.

A guy on the other Lotus Forum (Hush hush! :gathering: ) said he suffers the same thing, though only when he is bored or the rest of his life is lacking. When hes busy he doesn't have time to think about a change. Interesting theory.

Yip, sounds like a woman! I couldn't believe it. I dread the day when her mini gets sold!

Urintated on?!?! WTF!!!

Close call there buddy:-) genuinely think the 360 would have been a massive backward step. The f430 would be worth it and are significantly more reliable :-) I think 360s are timing belts and f430s are chains. Also 360s r notoriously twitchy:-) lots of people have crashed them:-( the f355 is considered a better investment the F430 a significantly better car:-( that's what my research came up with when I was looking to buy

The urinated on story was in traffic in Glasgow suburbs on a Saturday lunchtime with youngest aged about 10 at the time with me. Football bus alongside as we edged along. Initially it was windows open and the spitting, (although not the only time by far experienced this as I've had the sitting at lights thing too.) then it was the Irn Bru bottle filled with something other than Irn-Bru and all egging each other on so it was escape door opened and the full flow before driver shut them down or I got clear.

I still remember the tone of my 10 years old voice, who to be fair was growning up in fluffy bunny land in comparision to the area in, asking me why they were doing that and why it was funny? Difficult one and it left stong feeling with me.

Like Trevor said my mate and I found that it tended to be a car you took somewhere nice for dinner that you knew was safe or you phoned ahead and enquired about it, a circular drive or whatever. Even leaving it tucked into corners of the Safe Park Mark type multi storeys you always had doubt and probably more so with me not owning it.

The Evora (& Evoque initially at least) I have come back to many times to find admirers wanting to chat, photograph and never in a menacing way. I have even had one bloke (who I asked for a laugh what is it?) try and pretend it was his and sound all knowledgeable to me before I plipped the doors!

I have even had one bloke (who I asked for a laugh what is it?) try and pretend it was his and sound all knowledgeable to me before I plipped the doors!

Ha, that's brilliant!

Justin, how you feling about it all after having a weekend to think about everything?

Good question.

Thankfully the dealer has offered to refund. I think I will have a good think about it over the next couple of weeks.

Glad I took a step back though, as clearly I can't make my mind up! :D

Glad I took a step back though, as clearly I can't make my mind up! :D

This is waht happens when you spend time with woman, blame your other half for this indecisivness!

Well I’m just selling my 360 so I can get an Evora. I’ve decided I absolutely must have a MY12 so I’m probably going to try a Cayman for a while, while I wait for the MY12 prices to come down. Maybe you should consider a Cayman for a while, Justin.

The 360 is a fantastic car on the right road & in the right weather & its engine & (manual) gearbox are much better than the Evora’s (if you don’t mind 14.5 MPG). Also, the 360 is beautiful whereas the Evora is a bit ugly. The main problem with the 360 is they’re just too stiff – so if you’re on a bumpy wet road you’ve got very little grip & not much feeling of when the grip you do have is about to run out. The TC is also very annoying as it cuts in way too early. Of course, you can turn it off (& I always do when it’s dry) but it’s best left on in the wet. There’s a sport button that relaxes the TC but this same button also makes the dampers even more stiff, so you have even less B-road grip.

I’d been thinking about selling the 360 then the final straw came when I couldn’t lose a Mini Cooper chasing me down my favourite twisty B-road on a wet day. & just in case you’re wondering, I’m not a completely inept driver – I have won two Caterham championships.

I would like to keep the 360 if I had the funds & the time to run a 4th car but I’m feeling OK about letting it go – GF is quite upset the 360 is going as she’s very concerned about impressing a load of her friends who know nothing about cars and not too worried about my main priority, which is pure driving pleasure.

Buy the MY12 and bypass the Cayman as what you will lose on that will not be far off the Evora drop. Unless its a fairly old Cayman of course which has done its depreciation.

Trevor.

Also, the 360 is beautiful whereas the Evora is a bit ugly...

Funny but I'd pick the Evora every time in a beauty contest over the 360, it's in the eye of the beholder I guess...

I hear you on the engine,the Toyota lump does it's job well though and the MY12 seems glued together rather well. It does feel like a very special car and I love the looks too, although it's very colour sensitive... IMO at least!

I was just going to pick up on that exact same point Stirling! I'd hardly say the Evora is ugly. Also why would someone would want to buy a car that they think is ugly, odd?

Got to be honest, I nearly spat out my drink at the 'ugly' comment. I simply cannot understand why anyone would think that, although can't be meant too seriously if selling a Ferrari to hold out for an Evora. I find myself opening the garage doors every day just to take a look if I don't have the opportunity to drive her that day.

I don't think either the Evora, or the F360 are particularly good looking. Certainly not what you would class as beautiful, both seem to have some awkward lines about them

Well in my defense, I did say a BIT ugly – ie not completely ugly – it has a nice silhouette but for me there are loads of details that spoil it – although not enough to stop me wanting one – a lot.

Yes, point taken on the 360 – I used to think of those as awkward looking too but I got mine in black & I soon grew to love the way it looked. Hopefully, I will feel better about the way the Evora looks once I see my own every day.

The Cayman is also a bit of a styling disaster and certainly not as nice to look at as a 997 but it’s a better drive. I’m a keen driver & I buy my cars on the basis of how much pleasure they will give me to drive & although it would be nice to own an exquisite piece of automotive art, this for me is not my first consideration as I think about what to get next. I’ve had a couple of 911s in the past & I like the idea of a Cayman for a bit just because I’m interested in cars & I’d really like to get to know one of these before settling into an Evora, which I’d expect to be better & I think I’d want to keep for at least 4 years.

I’ve been thinking about my car history & although I’ve always been very pleased with my choices, just recently I’ve been thinking I held onto some of them too long & it would be good to get to know more different cars.

Well in my defense, I did say a BIT ugly – ie not completely ugly – it has a nice silhouette but for me there are loads of details that spoil it – although not enough to stop me wanting one – a lot.

That makes sense. Overall i loved my Elan, but I thought they looked awful from the back corner, so I can understand that.

I'm having the same problem as Justin now.  I love the Evora, but I'm spending a lot of time looking at 360s for sale.  I know that my price range will mean getting a 10 or so year old car and I know it won't drive as well, but I just really really want to own one at some point, just so I can look back when I'm older and say I had a Ferrari. 

360 looks very dated to me now, I like the rear of the 430 but not the front - I'd love a yellow 458 Spider but my finances won't allow unless anyone wants to purchase a kidney!

I don't think either the Evora, or the F360 are particularly good looking. Certainly not what you would class as beautiful, both seem to have some awkward lines about them

I'm with you on the 360... which is why I keep getting swayed by the 355, I guess I should drive one...

I'm with you on the 360... which is why I keep getting swayed by the 355, I guess I should drive one...

I guess it's good everyone has different tastes (otherwise the roads would be full of one boring type of car) but I don't like the more dramatic scoops on the sides of the 355 or the pop up headlights (although with the lights down from the front it looks more Esprit like to me).  One of the things I like about the 360 is it's visually quite plain and simple  :thumbsup:

355 are so cheap nowadays, I know a few people considering to add one to the portfolio and keep the other cars. Running costs are massive though,probably the reason why they are so cheap.