free hit
counters
wheel base problems - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lotus-62

wheel base problems

Hi All. '85 NA S3 when I bought the car she was pulling to the right, back then it looked like it was a sticky calliper (both right and left where heavy rusted , now that I have taken the whole front suspension apart and done some measurments it looks like the T is not square. the right side is 6mm longer then the left side.

question is, does 6mm alters the handling of the car in a straight line? (with toe-camber-caster all ok)

or do I need to make the lower arms adjustable so I can bring the lower ball joints to the correct position

btw the chassis does not seems to be bend, ther is no sign for a repair in the past so could this be the lotus tollerance

thanks, rick

(btw the callipers where not good and have been replaced but I have not driven the car so I do not know if this is/was the only problem)

Edited by lotus-62

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

So am I right that you mean one wheel is set-back 6mm compare to the other? If that's the case I'd not be overly concerned as long as all 4 wheels align correctly. I know another Esprit with more than 25mm of set-back, not we are going to do something with that but if we got to 6mm we'd be happy.

Hi Andy yes you are correct, wheelbase rhs is 6mm longer then the lhs.