free hit
counters
ventilation stopped working? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Malcolm Feth

ventilation stopped working?

I was driving with my elise S2, nothing special, when suddenly ventilation went quiet. Hmm.. weird...

It was on "middle" speed... now frist and second does not work at all. Either is OFF or on max - then it works for some weird reason.

Does anybody have an idea where to start to fix it?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sounds like the resistor pack.

I think on certain years it was located in an area in the front service compartment that meant it was sat in collected rain water and fail.

If it is that, the resistor pack needs replacing and relocating (I think there is a Lotus service bulletin on parts and procedure) or I think you can drill some holes so that the water drains.

I imagine its a front clam off job and possibly radiator too.

All my knowledge above is based on what I've heard other people have needed so I maybe talking complete bollocks :lol:

Now you scared me by using words like "clam" and "radiator"!

Huuuh.... I was thinking about resistors, I;m going to check fuses (just in case)... but this already does not sound like a fun...

It might be the air-con that is in the way not radiator - I'm sure there is something in the way that makes it a bit of a pain.

I had this fail on a BMW, they called it a hedgehog as it was so spikey. Exactly the same symptoms but quite easy to fix.

It would be easy to do if the clam and other stuff wasn't in the way.

Had a look on Deroure and the kit is £88

I had the same issue on my Elise. I was working abroad at the time, with no access to tools, so I ended up buying an mini fan heater to clear the windscreen as my fan had packed up completely.

Got the resistor pack replaced and relocated at the next service and it was still working fine until the car left the M40 backwards... The fan heater may well still be working fine. The rest of the car... not so much.

Attached is the Lotus TSB showing where to add the drainage holes, as was mentioned above.

TSB 2007-01 Drain Holes to HVAC floor.pdf