free hit
counters
20. United States GP ("Circuit Of The Americas") - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Iconic Ride

20. United States GP ("Circuit Of The Americas")

Saddle up, boys! It's a comin'!

320px-Bernie_Ecclestone_2012_Bahrain.jpg

Still pinching myself that this is really going to happen. Fingers crossed for a good showing by the many entities that are holding their collective breaths that the past two years of advance planning, intensive construction, and numerous financial and political hurdles being surmounted pay off with a favorable experience for the estimated 120,000 fans expected to converge on what was once an empty field begging for a better use.

COTA_TRACK_MAP_11092012.jpg

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

http://CIMG2269B.jpg

Best of luck to the Lotus boys.... two in a row would be terrific.

Edited by wookie

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

:animier::thumbsup::animier:

John, you have a PM.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

I had wanted to go this year, but the hotel prices scared me off...

John,

If I had remembered you lived there, I would have asked if I could camp in your back yard or something! ;)

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

Trust me, Travis. More than a few "hints" have come my way in recent weeks. However, my hacienda is located caddy corner from the track, about as far away as you can get and still be within the city limits. In any case, as with all plans of mice and men, things have changed a bit. My wife is having knee surgery on Friday, so I will be playing the role of "nurse John" that day and the next at the Heath Convalescent Home for the Temporarily Nonambulatory. She is, of course, deeply disappointed that she will now not be attending the race with me on Sunday, but my older son was more than happy to take up the slack and join me in her place. "Quality Father and Son time," and all that. Am hoping to link up with the Wookieman at some point, most likely at the track itself. It's a work in progress at this juncture.

Regards,

John

Can't wait for this race, I really hope it goes well and turns into a good race. I'd like to see F1 stick around longer then it did at Indy. The first corner is bonkers, all fingers and toes will be crossed that Kimi and RoGro get through unharmed. I thought about going too but wanted to wait for organizers to sort out the kinks this first year.

You guys that are going better post up some pictures.

'86 Lotus Esprit Turbo

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Wookie delivered to LHR and on his way. Be afraid...

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

:thumbsup:

The Borg Vettle has once more proved he is not of human ancestry. Whilst everyone else was going 'round 'n 'round on numerous practise laps, attempting (with mixed success) to improve their times, Mr. V. paced about the team's garage, haplessly watching his technicians frantically trying to find and remedy a fluid leak of unknown origin. This they did, with but minutes left in the session, whereupon the boy racer donned his gear, slipped deftly into the cockpit, and proceeded to rattle off a mere 4 laps, culminating with a meteoric rise to the top of the list, fully seven tenths of a second faster than the previous best time. Amazing.

is it me, or does the 'light bent' curvature on section *RV and its hart righthander on the end ...does it look like it's taken just away from Hockenheim ?

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Never thought I'd see this race happen, amazing!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Turn 1 looks like it will be interesting. Unlikely everyone will get through on the start, Grosjean, seems well positioned to hit Alonso.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Very sporting of them... Massa must be very happy. The American audience are getting a good lesson on what F1's all about...

http://www.planetf1....Promotes-Alonso

Let's hope Grosjean makes one of his customary starts! :laser:

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

I think it was a fantastic race! The best driver has won. Everyone asks if Hamilton will regret his move to Mercedes, but I'm much more worried for McLaren. If they produce a similar car to this year's car, they are going to have a rough time, I'm afraid, if you see the gap between Lewis and Jenson.

Kimi and Romain extracted the maximum out of the E20, imo. Great race for them, I hope they will confirm Romain soon.

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

That's the first of the "TilkeRing" circuits that I like. Thought it was an excellent race on a circuit which is a very positive addition to the F1 circus...loads of overtaking and very few retirements/crashes. What's the huge tower all about???? Looked good, anyway, and what a view there must be...do the chosen few have to walk up all those stairs? I did find the huge number of "semi instant" replays a bit tedious...difficult trying to keep abreast of the live action...ended up with replays showing what had just happened during the last replay!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

is it me, or does the 'light bent' curvature on section *RV and its hart righthander on the end ...does it look like it's taken just away from Hockenheim ?

By design there were several "shoutouts" to many other circuits integrated into COTA, Gunter. See how many you can spot. :D

Turn 1 looks like it will be interesting. Unlikely everyone will get through on the start, Grosjean, seems well positioned to hit Alonso.

I made a point of being right there at turn one for the start...less than 50 feet away...and fully expected the usual mayhem in spades, but I think the word was out, not just with concerned fans, but (obviously) the drivers themselves. Though the separation between cars was minimal, I could detect no contact, but I will be reviewing the entire race from a DVR recording later today.

Really good race. Some excellent passing moves by Lewis, Kimi and Butters.

And that's the bitch of it, Trevor, when you attend in person (as you well know), it's sometimes difficult to keep up with the action without the benefit of the Speed channnel spoonfeeding you the details. Still, given the choice, I plan to physically be there every future race. That's why God made DVRs. :)

That's the first of the "TilkeRing" circuits that I like. Thought it was an excellent race on a circuit which is a very positive addition to the F1 circus...loads of overtaking and very few retirements/crashes. What's the huge tower all about???? Looked good, anyway, and what a view there must be...do the chosen few have to walk up all those stairs? I did find the huge number of "semi instant" replays a bit tedious...difficult trying to keep abreast of the live action...ended up with replays showing what had just happened during the last replay!!

I thought you'd never ask, John. :lol:

(Bibs is gonna' kill me, since these were taken with the mucho large-o megapixel cellphone camera. Hopefully the forum's "auto-resize" feature will deal with it)

Eldest son in "rocker" attire, emulating wealthy rock star patron

Doofus father sporting sh*t eating grin and looking maximally uncool (and yes, that's turn one in the background)

The sharper eyed will notice that the cars on the track are not F1 types, rather GT3 Porches during an earlier "challenge race." The Ferrari challenge race followed.

help me ..I will fall over from the tower ..it leans to much to the side :D

Interesting is that there are some elevations within the curves, makes for some hard load changes on the wheel ..I guess

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Oh no, someone else like my stepdaughter who posts most all her pics rotated 90 deg. (those damn cell phones!!!) :stuart:

:hrhr:

Yeah, it's painfully obvious that I've not yet mastered digital transfer class. Even when the selected shot is upright in the "My Pictures" folder, they often end up caddywhompus in the post itself. I've even tried the "rotate clockwise" feature prior to the upload on the ones that start out as "leaners." but even that tactic seldom yields the expected result.

Just look at it as a great way to exercise the wrist and forearms for future beverage "wrist curls" activities. :beer: