free hit
counters
LEGS Breakfast Meeting @ Willow Cafe, Perth 2nd December - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
bingoking

LEGS Breakfast Meeting @ Willow Cafe, Perth 2nd December

Christmas shopping in Perth?

By popular request and also for the 10 cars that didn't make it to Perth last year due to the horse box fiasco on the M90 we have decided to revisit The Willows Coffee Shop & Restaurant in Perth for our next breakfast meet. Usual meeting time 10:00am until midday and I suspect that we will have to be clear of the pedestrian area by midday. Weather permitting and impromptu run can be arranged for those interested.

Interested? Add your name to the list below. Santa hats optional! :santa:

1. bingoking +1

Join Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland here!  and on Facebook 

Unless other wise organised somewhere else and details posted on the forum the default location for the LEGS Breakfast meets are on the 1st Sunday of the month at Mannerstons Cafe and Farm Shop EH49 7LY between 10:00am and midday.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yippee I'm home for something! :bounce::scared::D:animier: but not Christmas itself.. :( but should get New Year :)

1. bingoking +1

2. Al. +1 :santa:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

The ghost of Christmas past. :)

Unless other wise organised somewhere else and details posted on the forum the default location for the LEGS Breakfast meets are on the 1st Sunday of the month at Mannerstons Cafe and Farm Shop EH49 7LY between 10:00am and midday.

Couldn't attend the last meet but should be ok for this one :D

1. bingoking +1

3. hedgerley +1

4. Ozzie + 1

1. bingoking +1

3. hedgerley +1

4. Ozzie + 1

5. Mike C +1

6. muphy

I mentioned a meeting point in one of the Group PM's.

We can meet in the lay-by on the slip road to Fife Leisure Park, just of the M90 in time to leave there at 9:00am and take a route that doesn't involve the M90.

Route by Google Maps AVOIDING M90
It is not quite clear from this map how we access St John's Place but I can check that out this afternoon as I am off to Perth now.

I have now checked the route into the pedestrian area in Perth.

You need to approach High Street from Tay Street and continue up to the bollards which should drop to let ONE CAR AT A TIME through. Carry straight on and take the second left into Kirkgate and continue up the street, turning right at the end into St John's Place.  The Willows Coffee Shop is on the right hand side.

See you there.

8229658275_c7667e9aa9_c.jpg

Hi

If you've ordered an SE 2013 calendar, I am bringing them with me on Sunday.

If you haven't ordered and would like one (or more), I'll bring some extras with me - £6.00 for the insert of £8.00 for the calendar and the case.

Thanks

Karen

I have now checked the route into the pedestrian area in Perth.

You need to approach High Street from Tay Street and continue up to the bollards which should drop to let ONE CAR AT A TIME through. Carry straight on and take the second left into Kirkgate and continue up the street, turning right at the end into St John's Place.  The Willows Coffee Shop is on the right hand side.

See you there.

8229658275_9e6fca4345_c.jpg

Hi Brian

I can meet you in Kirkcaldy, en-route to Halbeath, where suits? 

Cheers

Mike

I don't use the Auchtertool Road with the Esprit due to the ridiculous number of speed bumps in Auchtertool so why don't we meet in Sainsbury's car park about 8:45am?

Looking forward to seeing your Elan.

Brian

I don't use the Auchtertool Road with the Esprit due to the ridiculous number of speed bumps in Auchtertool so why don't we meet in Sainsbury's car park about 8:45am?

Looking forward to seeing your Elan.

Brian

Fine Brian

Will see you there tomorrow then.

Cheers

Mike

Another good turnout of people who numbered more than the available seats in the cars shown as many cars off the road or not used due to the $hitty weather up this way.  Many of us had ice drives on back streets to reach main roads hence the amount of dirty cars although it was clear skies and sunny.

11 cars: 1 x S and 3 x N/A Evoras, 2 x S2 Elises, and single V8 Esprit, S2 Exige and S1 Elan's.  (Oh yes and one old Porker interlopper :harhar:  who's waiting for his new Exige to arrive so we allowed him in).  However the traffic Wardens who were there within minutes of us parking up in the pedestrian area where only warned about Lotus's being there took exception.  :smoke:  (They were actually fine although did notice)

Watch for details being posted about 6th Jan meeting somewhere.  We will be having one as sufficiently past New Year we will want out.  Any ideas or thoughts please PM me as Brian will be away.

post-7988-0-93645400-1354457053.jpg

post-7988-0-07758500-1354457056.jpg

post-7988-0-80538300-1354457057.jpg

post-7988-0-24481400-1354457059.jpg

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Just to add to what Al. said above, a big thanks to Paul for organising this with the owner of The Willows who in turn got permission from the Council. 

The inaugural Concours de Grott was won by Derek's Solar Yellow and Black roofed Evora. This is a prestigious competition with no prizes, just the Kudos or embarrassment of having the car that has not seen a bucket of water and sponge for a few days/weeks/months. When interviewed after his surprise win Derek said" I was really surprised to win as usually Allan's car is not as clean as mine and anyway, it's not an ornament, it's there to be driven in all weathers". Well said Derek.

A few of my pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81ngo/sets/72157632153697764/

Well done guys for a good turn out, you are lucky we have loads of the white stuff up here and I got a culture shock as I just came of the plane from work this morning, hard to believe but I almost said I miss Baku, good god that is SAD. Fingers crossed hope to get time to finish the beast and get her running this time home as I must ger her inside for the real winter snow.

John.

The inaugural Concours de Grott was won by Derek's Solar Yellow and Black roofed Evora. This is a prestigious competition with no prizes, just the Kudos or embarrassment of having the car that has not seen a bucket of water and sponge for a few days/weeks/months.

I'd like to thank the team from BEAR Scotland.  Without their care and dedication to the maintenance and upkeep of the trunk roads of East Central Scotland, this would not have been possible. :D

Three four five