free hit
counters
Reversing Beep - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Swagoon

Reversing Beep

I have just bought an Evora S +2 IPS fully kitted up and i am loving it, it turns so many more heads then my Porsche used too.

I am however extremely annoyed by the reversing beeper, it beeps all the time when reversing as opposed to when you get close to objects. It is a little like reversing a lorry with the beeper on the inside.

Is there a way to turn this off. I have the reversing camera but still.

Everything else is absolutely brilliant, absolutely love the car.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It's definitely very sensitive, I'd be tempted to live with it though... the camera's useful but tricky to judge distance with.

Are the sensors clean? I found it used to bleep just at the floor sometimes but certainly not constantly. As Mel says, they are very useful when they are working, especially for the final seconds of parking.

Hey MArk, welcome to the forum. Just noticed this is your first post. Please post a "Hi everyone" in the introductions section and be sure to post a picture up of the beastie.

Can't help with the sensors I'm afraid.

I don't think mine beep all the time?

Has it maybe got dirt on one of them, or possibly a loose connection?

Get some pics up! Not many IPS S Evoras on here :)

Yes, all clean, it has been doing this since i picked it up from the showroom last week.

Looks like a trip back to sort it out.

Ok i only have the dealers pics so far but i will get some up later today when i finish work.

I'll check mine when I take it out, I think it's just very sensitive to peripheral objects, i.e. not just what's directly behind the car, for example mine beeps until I've cleared the garage wall. It does bother me at all, in fact it keep me on my toes... sometimes I forget the auto box wants to get on with things!

That aside what colour,etc. did you go for?

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

It should only beep once when reverse is engaged and then only when objects are in the viscinity, less than 1/2-1 meter. If it is beeping all the time it is defintively defective.

Yeah I'd also say take it back and get it looked at. The only time mine beeps is if I get close to something, the rest of the time it's silent.

It should only beep once when reverse is engaged and then only when objects are in the viscinity, less than 1/2-1 meter. If it is beeping all the time it is defintively defective.

Totally agree with this one! I've had 3 and all had the pack and all the same.

However don't rely on the thing totally!! I once reversed in the dealers car park in cold weather after idling to warm up car so the camera had condensation from the exhausts directly below. Reversing into setting low winter sun. Jumped in the car to reverse a couple of meters and .......................................... yes, hit a lamp post that it didn't detect and I didn't see. Car was only about a month old and one of the first through a body shop!! It was in line with back tyre approximately and I have noted blind spot other times if very narrow object. Also being round will not have help as the post would have been more stealth like to the radar type waves sent out (I know not radar). The lamp post was removed soon after!! First time I have admitted this on here but 3 years ago!! :secret:

Thanks guys, back to the showroom at the weekend but i will try a good clean around them first.

I went for an Amethyst Grey one, as i currently live on a building site i am hoping it is not going to show up the dirt too much.

The girlfriend likes the way it looks purplish in the sun also.