free hit
counters
project #099 -- Destination silly fast - Page 5 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
t70

project #099 -- Destination silly fast

Well the Dyno will confirm but how does it feel?

Can you elaborate a bit?

If the only thing constant is change, then why do we resist change the most?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ahh yes... How does it feel. Well, the nitto nt05 tires work fantastically with the Quaife. I have never driven a car that is so beautiful to slide around corners. It's so predictable that you just basically keep your foot in it and steer. Though.. I'm sure that's not what you meant. The engine pulls strong, but, at the moment I am only running 6 psi of boost. I won't ramp the boost up until I have 1000kms on it. I would guess that it's running somewhere around 300hp at the moment.

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Well.. I'm now running 10.5psi of boost... And it's an absolute psycho.. I'm not sure if I should even put more boost to it.. I think I will do a trans cooler this winter. It gets a little hard to get out of gear after a good hard drive.

It's about as powerful now as aerobats was at 18psi.. It's a handful.

• Like 1

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Are you planning any kind of suspension setup changes along with a brake upgrade with all this new found HP?

I actually have coil overs all around. However, the car does understeer a bit. I am likely going to do a battery re-locate to the front of the car to assist with that. However.. The car is so controllable with over-steer.. That I'm not sure I want to lose that.

Great work all the same.  How's the lag?

The oversteer is nice!  You can get rid of a lot of understeer with geometry changes.  Might be fun to play with the balance.  Before you know it your installing a cage and turning a wet noodle into a stiff one. :w00t:

Thanks!! The lag is not bad. However, I can change the settings in the vi-pec to make it spool faster, but... It's so violent already.. I don't see the point.

Well.. Apparently 10.5 psi is too much.. As I snapped a driveshaft tonight.. Whoops.

• Like 1

You really need to try Cryo...

Shameless plug :secret:

Cryo is a good idea, however, I have come to the conclusion that I need to do a custom transmission. The project will be shut down for a while until I have the funds to proceed. In the meantime, my holloway performance transmission is for sale and comes with a Quaife.

well.. I don't have much of an update.. but I am working on test fitting a mock-up of a Mendeola 5 speed. This should be sufficient to handle the torque.

well.. I don't have much of an update.. but I am working on test fitting a mock-up of a Mendeola 5 speed. This should be sufficient to handle the torque.

Mark,

how are things going with your project?

On 06/01/2015 at 00:44, t70 said:

So what transmission you finally ended up with? Quaife or Mendeola? Any details would be appreciated.

Thank you

I just noticed he has not been on the site since 2016?

I wonder if the performance halloway sold?