free hit
counters
Problem, and solution! - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Don't know if this is a common problem, but the passenger window on my Evora wouldn't go back up to seal shut when the door was closed.

I looked everywhere online for a solution to no avail. Eventually someone advised me that if you hold the window down switch for a few seconds, then up for a few seconds, it resets the system. Success!

Just in case this happens to anyone else here...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes, my mechanic told me the same. Never had to use it though...

...Eventually someone advised me that if you hold the window down switch for a few seconds, then up for a few seconds, it resets the system. Success!

I remember when 'Alloy Window Winders' were a nice addition to my S1 Elise! I love my Evora but I do wonder what's going on when you have a 'system' to open and close the windows! :unsure:

Life used to be so simple... :ball:

This principle works on most cars with electric windows. It is also used to reset the auto up and auto down mechanisms so you do not have to hold the button up or down to open or close the window the entire way.

It happens when the battery goes flat or is disconnected and the procedure to fix it is in the handbook, cross referenced from the section about battery maintenance & charging.

the procedure to fix it is in the handbook

Tom, what is this handbook thing you speak of?

Others call it the user manual (the on you get with the car) :smoke:

Edited by TBD

Real men don't read handbooks or instruction!! It's genetic - non? I've sadly already proved elsewhere I'm not a real man tho'

Well of course I'm not a real man and I'm also a Lotus geek, so I've read mine cover to cover. I've also printed out the multimedia and satnav manuals as proper booklets and read them too :)

To the real men out there:

If you don't need your user manual anymore, I may be interested. I bought my Evora from Luxembourg and got a French manual with it! :huh: Very hard to read (for me, that is...)