free hit
counters
1984 Turbo Esprit – Ice Blue - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lotusforsale.com

1984 Turbo Esprit – Ice Blue

The basics

1984 Turbo Esprit

Ice Blue (paint code A33)

102,000 miles

Owned for last 4 years

Price £8500. £9000 with spares package.

Not in a hurry to sell – more important that it goes to a good home.

Since we got the car:

Radiator re-cored. Fans refurbished, new shroud /housing with stainless steel fan rings

Wheels professionally refurbished. New front tyres, Pirelli P6000

Front and rear braided steel flexi brake hoses fitted. New pads up front

New rear discs and pads. Rear calipers reconditioned.

New front shocks (adjustable, non-genuine) & springs. New rear shocks (original Lotus) & springs

front ARB bushes and spring cups replaced with Poly

Strengthened gear lever fitted – won’t snap again!

Engine fully rebuilt, Brand new Exhaust manifold. Rebuilt turbo. Good wastegate fitted.

New bronze valve guides fitted. New big end and main shells. New piston rings. All professionally balanced

Cam Belt at service and MOT in Feb 2012

New Clutch

All rear suspension bushes replaced with Polyeurethane

LEDs fitted to dash illumination.

6 CD changer

A 12v accessory socket has been fed into the cabin wired directly to the battery (fused) as the cigar lighters won’t power phones, I-pods etc)

Receipts from SJ’s etc all available

Everything has been done to make this as useable and reliable a classic car as possible

Spares package available for an additional £500 (If not wanted I’ll sell the bits gradually on e-Bay for twice that)

Full set wheels and tyres, all tyres good tread. NCT 2 fronts Pirelli P600 rears

1 x Additional front tyre used NCT2

4 x used Pirelli P600 235/60 x15 tyres, all good tread

4 pistons

spare cylinder head incl 16 valves (exhaust valves are £50 each!)

2 x rear brake discs – not new but plenty of ‘meat’ on them (very rare now)

2 sets lightly used rear brake pads. One set brand new Lotus original front pads including fitting ‘spring plates’

used springs, 2 x rear 1 x front

used but useable exhaust manifold and ‘wastegate’ extension

Brand new speedo

New wheelbox for wiper

Spare wiper arm (broken but useable)

Brand new aircon pump (but needs some work to be compatible with system)

2 x spare headlamp motors (one still attached to the TR7 housing –assumed good) one not operable but no doubt could be refurbished

2 x spare rear brake calipers – useful to send as exchange if you want to keep the car on the road.

Spare wiper blades

Some odd switches and stuff – probably forgotten some bits

about 15 litres Mobil 1 15/50 motorsport formula

Needs doing (I’m an enthusiast and happy to help the new owner to do some of these jobs)

Oil leak on exhaust cam tower (I am currently doing this and it will be done before sale unless the buyer would rather do it themselves?)

Speedo jumps occasionally (brand new one in spares package) I was going to fit it but haven’t got around to it

Paint work is not perfect but from 10ft away looks fab (see photos) don’t forget its nearly 30 years old!

Aircon pump is not installed. I have sourced an R134a pump to convert to modern gas. I found a compatible pump only to find it doesn’t have the ‘’fill/bleed’’ valves. A competent air con place should be able to sort something out.

The fibreoptic illumination of the switches was decommissioned by the previous owner. I wasn’t fussed so have not fixed it

Similarly the electrics all work (windows mirrors lights etc) but the Previous owner has bodged some and I’m not confident enough to rectify (but it works).

One example is that the otter switch is disconnected and the DPO has wired in a switch so that you can manually turn on the fans which is sort of a reassurance….

Electric aerial doesn’t work but I wasn’t fussed.

CD changer needs replugging into back of stereo (I’m assuming that’s why it has stopped working)

Boot carpets are tatty

Engine undertray missing (gone when we got the car)

I’ve tried to be as honest as possible. If you are interested come and look.

View the full article

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.