free hit
counters
Removing headlining stickers? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tim_marra

Removing headlining stickers?

Does anyone know how to safely remove the warning stickers which are firmly attached to the passenger visor (both sides!!) on the lovely dark grey material.

I have thought of heating it and pulling gently on the sign, but i don't want to leave an unsightly mark, or worse, tear the fabric.

Any ideas from the collective on here?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I just removed them with brute force, i. e. tearing them off. There was no damage to the headliner.

I have wondered. Is that another EU thing we are all being subjected to? My other car is exactly the same although smaller size and somehow less intrusive. It has 2 on the drivers one.

I just removed them with brute force, i. e. tearing them off. There was no damage to the headliner.

Oh. I was hoping for a more gentle approach possibly involving the use of a hairdryer* Any other suggestions?

* a borrowed one, as i have no hair

A hairdryer is exactly what you need, the heat will soften the glue enough to remove them without damage :)

There is a tool available from your local dealer to do this job. Lotus part no.Lot58965sr1

Buddsy

So, having the same issue, if you pull the stickers off, doesn't it leave the glue behind and a bit of an outline? As an alternative I thought about just making some black vinyl rectangles up and sticking them over the top.

Not if you soften the glue first with a hairdryer, you'll never know that they were there :)

I just ripped mine off. No heat, just pulled 'em. You'd never know they'd been there. I then bought a sticky backed vanity mirror off eBay and stuck it on the passenger side for SWMBO.

One of mine looks terrible. I started the job but then lost my nerve so it's half-torn. I suspected some work with a hair dryer would solve it - now I must do it.

The Swiss Lotus owners are probably familiar with the routine because we have to do it every year to unstick the confounded Motorway toll sticker ! :)