free hit
counters
Bonnet Catches - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rogerch

Bonnet Catches

The lovely coat hanger style bonnet catch, how does it work, mine has ceased to clamp the right hand side down, the clasp under the bonnet is just rotating freely.

I'm assuming it's a bit like a door locking system between the lock and the inside handle, and probably has a small clip come adrift, but I'd like to get an idea of what I'm looking at / for, before assuming the lotus position under the dash.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'd really like to get some help here guys. I'm out of hospital and may well feel up to having a go at this by the weekend, obviously in a still tender state, the less time I spend in the "Lotus" position the better.

Hi,

I had this on my 86.

At both ends of the inside bar(cross shaft, 30), there is a link from the to the latch disc(23). Its quite flimsy and breaks easily. Mine broke because the vent duct had fouled the mechanism. Its number 29 in the image.

The link is a 'bush and clip' and is exactly the same as the ones in the door handle mechanism where they attach to the push rods.

latch.jpg

SJ Sportscars has these SJ036U0001at £1.46 which is extortionate for what they are but they are dead easy to fit.

Make sure nothing is fouling up first, then check the tabs on the cross shaft are not too bent and there you go!

I would order a load if you get them from SJS! Sure they would be cheaper elsewhere its just the size issue. There 6 per car in total and if you step on one, it breaks :whistle:

Hope that helps!

Correction, for all cars, its A075U6033

at just £0.60 and actually looks exactly like the ones I received. The other reference is the door link clips, but these work just fine there too.

Edited by slewthy