free hit
counters
A quick comparison... - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Solarshaun

A quick comparison...

A friend and I went out in the Evora today for a quick drive. At a junction, an elderly man who was bent over with a walking aid, was crossing in front of us. He stops, points at the car bonnet, smiles (no teeth) and gives us the thumbs up!

We then go and pick up my friend's 370Z (full disclosure: all black with black alloys and an aftermarket exhaust). I'm following him in the Evora, and watch as a couple of female teens give him the finger and "wanker" gesticulations. We then go round a roundabout, and some other chav throws something against the side of his car. All this happened within the space of 15 mins, with me following close beind in a Solar Yellow Evora...

Incidentally, and much to my surprise, despite his 300+ HP and trick gearbox etc, I had no trouble whatsoever keeping up on the straights! We didn't venture into licence-losing territory, but up to those sort of speeds the NA Evora is quick enough. Had we free run on some twisties I doubt he would have kept up!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

In which ghetto do you live or is such behaviour (towards the Nissan which is a nice car) standard in the UK? Have never noticed such weird stuff in Germany, not in the Lotus, not in a Porker, not seen for any Fezza or Lambo. Ok, would not park the car over night in some places, but that's it. Of some idiot would throw stuff against my car and the following discussion would be pretty short...

In which ghetto do you live or is such behaviour (towards the Nissan which is a nice car) standard in the UK? Have never noticed such weird stuff in Germany, not in the Lotus, not in a Porker, not seen for any Fezza or Lambo. Ok, would not park the car over night in some places, but that's it. Of some idiot would throw stuff against my car and the following discussion would be pretty short...

Sven, you must live in a rural area. Here in Hamburg premium cars are regularly vandalised by fire, just 7 last week in one incident where all cars in a carport burned out. Same problem in Berlin and other big cities.

That is why I would never leave my car outside over night.

I used to drive a boxster s around Newcastle, it quickly became known as the tourettes car.

I used to get shouts of abuse as i drove past people, if i had the top down they would try and spit into it. My girlfriend never believed me until she borrowed it for a week, then told me she didn't want to drive it any more.

Same thing happened when i moved to Leeds.

No problems with the Lotus so far.

Crumbs, I'm glad I'm a soft southerner then, I've never had anything like that in any of my Lotus

Sven, you must live in a rural area. Here in Hamburg premium cars are regularly vandalised by fire, just 7 last week in one incident where all cars in a carport burned out. Same problem in Berlin and other big cities.

That is why I would never leave my car outside over night.

Nope, live in Frankfurt respectively very very close by. Park the car in my garage, but no issue parking the car outside, at the train station, at the airport. You just get you satnav robbed frequently. Premium cars don't get vandalised here, maybe it is because the social structure is different here compared to Berlin (yeah yeah Berlin is sooooo hip ...), maybe it is because a Porsche is as common as the odd Golf... at least it feels like. And there is a reason why I would consider moving South from here, but not North.

I never really had any problems driving my Honda S2000 around roof down, although I'd avoid iffy areas as a matter of course in general.

I did once come perilously close to getting caught up in a demonstration by some rogue G8/7 protestors in Edinburgh - sitting in a suit, and tie city boy stylee in an open top car would have been asking for it I expect - luckily they kept to the other side of George Street and never saw me me - I cleared out of there sharpish once the traffic started moving again :D

A lone, extremely drunk, Celtic fan once loudly questioned my sexuality on Great Western Road in Glasgow - but respect to him - to be that bevvied up at 8am was quite impressive.

The Evora, to date, seems to have attracted admiring glances, if any as far as I can tell - the nicest comments so far were from a guy who looked like a hippy in a battered old VW van who I expected to get a tree hugging look of disdain from.