free hit
counters
Evora 2 yr sevice and a few warranty fixes - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Whitey

Evora 2 yr sevice and a few warranty fixes

From my post on the playground - hopefully some of this might be of interest:

Just wanted to say that I had my Evora serviced yesterday at Williams new garage in Horton near Yate / Bristol and was very pleased with the work carried out. I had previously called in with the car to allow them to see a couple of warranty items that I wanted sorting so that any parts could be ordered and then all fitted when the car was in for service.

The warranty items that were done were:

Replace rear light surrounds as they were tarnished.

Replace and lubricate front arb bushes to eliminate a knock sound

Fit a replacement steering wheel bush to stop a small amount of play.

Update the ecu with the latest version of the engine map.

All jobs were done and I can really tell the difference in the engine map and steering. The knocking from the arb bushes is completely gone and the car now rides bumpy surfaces even more brilliantly and now silently. The new map is superb - much smoother lower down and more responsive. It now makes normal mode seem almost like sport mode shocked.gif ...and then you press sprt mode and it is very urgent and even more responsive. It will mean that I will be quite happy leaving it in normal mode more of the time, unless I'm really on a mission driving.gif

Williams have 2 very experienced Lotus techies who had been with them before when they were in Bristol. Laurie, who did the work on my car, test drove it after and stated that I should watch the new map on the greasy roads!

So if you are in the South West area, I would recommend these guys who are official Lotus repairers and hence are authorised to undertake warranty work, which is why I went there.

As a side note, the rear lights were replaced with gloss black surrounds, rather than chrome, which is normally a chargable item, but as Lotus were out of stock of the chrome ones, I had the black ones fitted which was my preference anyway apart from the £90.00 it would have cost.

I now need to have a look at replacing the Alpine sat nav unit which has decided to play up after it had been in for service! So if any one can recommend a good upgrade for sensible money, please post up details.

Ps sevice cost was £460.00, which under cut the main dealers slightly which were miles further away.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Not sure - I want to speak to Laurie to find out what the differences are in terms of raw numbers, although I suspect the headline bhp and torque will be similar, its just the way in which it is now delivered. I will ask when this update was released.

All the ECU updates have a letter code. Different on N/A's and S's If you can find out the letter we will be able to say if the latest version available.

Another thumbs up for Williams - Colin and the rest of the team there top draw - one of the best garages I have ever used.

Great customer service and attention to detail.

I have heard from another mechanic re. the arb bushes - he had replaced a few including on low mileage vehicles. Could be that the bushes weren't high enough spec to start with, in which case worth watching out for and having them replaced at the first sign of knocking.

Good to hear there was nothing major that needed sorting.