free hit
counters
door seal missing ? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

it was pointed out to me that my car has a seal missing from window /top of door surround U shaped channel havnt seen a car with one anybody any ideas ???

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I had a similar conversation over the weekend.

I don't think you are missing it but some people have added one into the channel.

Normal door seal is mounted to the bodywork, nothing on the window surround metalwork or the door itself.

As Chris says, there is nothing there from new however I have seen a few cars where the owners have added a seal and reported improvements. They also look factory which is a bonus.

Trevor.

The seal was added on Stephens Esprit and is available from SJ Sportscars - it certainly reduces wind noise on the motorway on my S3 - you can also get the right one from Woolies trim but you will need to cut to shape etc.

Got mine from seals direct.

Well, the ones I got from seals direct were too deep in the end once I had refitted my door.

I bought these from ebay seller 'hairyworm' !! £4.45 per meter, need 2M per side

2013-02-04204337_zps699e8f74.jpg

Fit nicely and make it look neat

2013-02-04204304_zps0554495d.jpg

But dont really add to the 'seal' in any real way

2013-02-04204447_zps6b468267.jpg

I used expanded neoprene cord (so it's just round section then attached it with panel adhesive, that way you get a good bond and it seals against the edges of the H section so no water gets in between the seal and it.

Andy