free hit
counters
Value of a 1976 Esprit S1 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Roger 912

Value of a 1976 Esprit S1

Fellow down in Cape Town has two 1976 S1s and is looking at selling one of them. Trouble is that it is in pieces at present and may have some missing parts.

I would love to own an S1 but have no idea how much they are going for in good condition.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Here in the Uk I think they had dropped in value or maybe a certain amount of hype seems to have subsided. There have been a couple of nice examples hanging around on Ebay at about £12K Chris Evans sold a pretty nice one (not quite original) for £23K.

However when I last mentioned this it was pointed out that Scott Walkers were selling some really nice examples and I think they were about £34K - £36K

What the value where you are and it parts? Who knows?

Buddsy

Is that the yellow one which has been modded with various body parts? I've seen a few pictures of a yellow one on a trailer in SA.

Paul.

I bought my kit S1 this side of the pond for $2500 usd. Totally apart, but 98% there....

I just heard from my local dealer, Tom Papadopoulos, who bought Paul Godfrey's old Bell & Colvill-turbocharged S1 this time last year, and despite what the website says at http://www.autosportdesigns.com/Sales/Salesphotos.aspx?ID=2344 it just sold for $45,000 which is still a very healthy price for an S1 here in the States. So I agree that signs are prices are slowly rising.

post-6978-0-75250100-1355195845.jpg

I would never sell mine for less than £18 / £20 K GBP.

I would assume that prices would vary according to condition and rarity.

TonyK once told me that there were less than 16 /17 orange gelcoat S1 (non painted) made worldwide, making mine pretty rare.