free hit
counters
Imformation Request - Europa - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HannuH

Imformation Request

Hi,

I know it’s a long shot but I am looking for information on a Europa I am looking to purchase, it’s a total renovation case and has no log book. The details are as follows

Chassis no:- 7203/1520p

Possible reg:- PWT 411K

Colour:- Colorado Orange

It’s a twin cam model and was originally delivered to London Sports car centre.

It Has NO engine with it!!!!!

Looking for any old owners or help with tracing its history. Also would need an engine, how hard or easy would that be?

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

An engine should be possible but expensive. Have you tried contacting the factory to get some details of the car's history?

Yes I have contacted the factory and the chassis number checks out to the details I've been told

Thanks

Hi, I am also doing a total restoration on a Europa S2 which has the Renault engine (possibly Fuego conversion if I can't find standard engine) .

The fact that yours is a twin cam is good in some respects but bad in others. The reason is

that engines are a lot more expensive ref the twin cam but the parts are available easily and whole engines can be found on ebay etc, albeit for 2-6k.

My S2 with its renault engine is almost impossible to find engine components for, e.g. I found a cam pulley after searching every day for 6 months! Still need the waterpump pulley! You'll get more info on Europa from yahoo mail group Europa and Europa Central in the 'knowledgebase section'.