free hit
counters
Pilots - Page 9 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Latest magnificent machine, not flown it yet, will wait for ideal conditions for the first one.  

Just back from a two day trip. Gatwick-Catania-Gatwick-Madrid-Gatwick-Milan Malpensa-Gatwick. Saw the international Space station last night... You can even see the curvature of Earth from 38

Posted Images

It's a pretty good account. Not quite as sterile as it sounds though. We have great banter all day, it's part of creating a relaxed environment where everyone feels they can speak up.

I LOVE MY JOB

• 2 weeks later...

From Yarmouth? We have family in Caistor and it's always a treat to see a nice chopper in the sky around there. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I used to fly hang gliders. :getmecoat:

I can't imagine being a fully fledged pilot, commercial or military, would ever get boring.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

New book out : "Skyfaring: a Journey with a Pilot" by Mark Vanhoenacker, an SO with British Airways, explaining why he loves the job . Look forward to reading it, hopefully on a plane.

From Yarmouth? We have family in Caistor and it's always a treat to see a nice chopper in the sky around there.

Nope. Norwich Airport.

The heliport at North Denes is in the process of closing. The company which owns it (CHC) lost all of their contracts (although they have now won some back).

Nice :D

Evora NA

The 'office':work4%20800x600_zpsysjv6hbf.jpgNote: the blades are straight, not bendy. The bend is an illusion caused by the slow framerate of a 'phone camera.

That looks fun. And all those extra skills needed having to go backwards, sideways, straight up etc......

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order, AS THEY SHOULD BE !

First ever UAV air-to-air refueling. Looks like something from Independance Day! 

11140233_10152854239615975_2621906524663

Evora NA

UAV air to air refuelling...fascinating photograph. I knew there had been lots of progress in automatic formation flying ( a good way to sweat off weight when you're doing it yourself!) and it seems to have got to the point where "probe and drogue" refuelling can be done. I wonder why they chose this method, since the USAF seems to prefer the system where an operator in the tanker aircraft "flies" the flying boom into a receptacle on the top of the receiving aircraft....would have thought that could be simpler.

The International Space Station is a fascinating thing to see...the best website for sighting predictions is

http://www.n2yo.com/

For anyone involved in a solo sailing circumnavigation, when they are in the southern ocean the crew on the ISS are the nearest they get to another human!!

• Like 1

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Brij, nice barrel roll in the last pic :hrhr:

• Like 1

Evora NA

69ca43b5386146767219e561d80b8086

">

concorde was never un-Safe

Concorde: 27 Supersonic Years -Still makes me Cry...Must Watch & #ShareA British Airways internal presentation remembering 27 years of Concorde.

Posted by

Airplane

on Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Evora NA

Always brings a tear to my eye. She was a huge part of my life, and Tracy's.

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

Queen of the Skies....had a great wine cellar, too. Terminal 4 was never the same after. Very few aeroplanes had such a good safety record....I think she was doomed by the combination of terrorist threat ( world's biggest target) and the demise of her customer base after the World Trade Centre attack. That and ageing engines.....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein