free hit
counters
Brake fluid wiring on S2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I'm in the process of upgrading my S1 wiring loom and I want to add a few extras. The early S1s didn't have any wiring for the brake fluid switch and I want to add it to my loom. However, I don't know where it comes from! Does it come off the wiring loom in the engine bay for the driver's side (RHD) front headlight or does it come through the bulkhead somewhere (maybe the brake switch)? I can't actually remember if the brake switch is inside the car or in the bonnet area.

Thanks, Paul.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes I realise the switch is on the top of the pedal box but are the connections to it from inside the cabin or inside the bonnet?

If they're inside the bonnet then the wiring loom must exit the cabin in that area and enter to bonnet, so I could use that exit point to add my own wires in. If the connections are inside the cabin then that option is out the window.

Cheers, Paul.

Hi Paul, the black and white wire gets into the engine bay along with the wires going to the heater blowers.

Phil

Thanks for the reply Phil. I'm confused as the wiring for the heater is inside the cabin (if I'm not mistaken) so is there a hole specifically for the brake fluid wiring to enter the bonnet area?