free hit
counters
Range... - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

Range...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/lotus/exige/61115/lotus-exige-s

Auto Express quote a 100 mile range from the 42l tank, doesn't seem like much so I'm assuming this includes time on track, not really relevant when a road car magazine is reviewing the car.

The factory combined mpg is 28 which means that they should be getting over 250, not quiet so unreasonable. Be interesting to see the reality.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It's quite a small (and light) car by todays standards too.

Laura's Corsa needs filling up every 300 miles, 250 from an Exige doesn't seen too unreasonable seeing at the engine is around 3 times the size and blown!

Get about 250 out of my Elise now it is 160bhp, got 300 when it was 120 bhp (it does now get driven harder). Would be very surprised if a v6 turbo got over 200 miles to a tank anywhere but the motorway

:secret: Supercharged.

I've asked Auto Express if the 100 mile range is road or track, I'll let you know if they reply.

A colleague has been doing some mileage accumulation on the Exige on his 120 mile round trip commute, he usually manages it on about half a tank at cruising speed. It's the same engine and gearbox as Evora S which manages 20-25mpg but with less weight and a smaller frontal area so a 250 mile cruising range is probably not far off. I can only assume that Auto Express managed 100 miles to a tank on track, but then I once managed 85 at Rockingham in my old Evo that had a 55 litre tank!

That sounds more like it. AE should have made it clearer if their stated range was track (which I think is pretty irrelevant, most cars get through tons of fuel on track) or road miles. 

They never got back to me anyway, gits.

PS Hi Ollie, welcome to TLF :D

Ha ha, Hollywood finally joins TLF , Now get back to work! ;)

I can only assume that Auto Express managed 100 miles to a tank on track, but then I once managed 85 at Rockingham in my old Evo that had a 55 litre tank!
Must have been wet for Auto Express or not trying hard! I'd expect half that.

Interestingly at a recent Nurburgring track event the Nissan GTR owners were told not to try for a 3rd lap on one tank...74L...

I see someone is looking to sell a larger tank for the new Exige S.

Interestingly at a recent Nurburgring track event the Nissan GTR owners were told not to try for a 3rd lap on one tank...74L...

WTF? :shock:

I see someone is looking to sell a larger tank for the new Exige S.

Wheres that gonna go then? external tank then maybe? Like a tanker come roof box....stupid idea that! Maybe passanger seat fuel tank! lol

http://m5.paperblog.com/i/2/22919/wood-gas-vehicles-firewood-in-the-fuel-tank-L-nePcRn.jpeg

Buddsy