free hit
counters
ESPRIT 1980 HEADLIGHTS - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

HI,

Does anyone know where i can buy replacement headlights (and i don't mean the H4 bulb) for the Esprit 1980 (RHD) series 2.2, I cant find them anywhere in the UK, and just to make it more fun, the inner and outer lamps are different.

The existing ones have suffered corrosion/rust ...thus the search.

Thanks in advance !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Maybe I'm a bit thick but I don't understand the question. What are you looking for, the chrome rings, the inner zinc ring, the metal bowl or the glass sealed beam unit?

Hi Martin - Try Steve at SJ Sportscars - I have just replaced my rusty Hella units with suitable/affordable replacements from Steve.  The new units are not exactly the same as the original Hella items, the front face is domed not flat and also there is a little fettling required to the adjustment ring to get the new units to fit.  I may be wrong but my understanding is that the S2.2 has 4 identical headlight units.

Hope this helps.

John.

John

Thanks for the feed back, i did get a couple of lamps from S.J. sportscars, they were not quite the same, as you say, so I took the glass off my old lights and fitted them to the new reflector dome of the new one..... sad I know, but they look original and have new reflectors !  as you mentioned, also required a little adjustment to get them properly mounted back into the pods.

Many thanks again

Martin