free hit
counters
Bonnet seal, Elite/Eclat - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Loose Cannon

Bonnet seal, Elite/Eclat

Can anyone tell me where I can get a SPONGE seal extrusion like this? It belongs around the heater intake under the bonnet of my Elite.

IMG_0686.jpg

SJ sportscars and the usual suppliers just list the generic catch-all circular bulb type for this application, but I've used those in the past and they are just too tall. I also want to use a sponge type on the tailgate for the same reason, and because the most common styles with wire reinforced rubber carriers struggle to bend around the sub-90 degree angle at the bottom corners, and let water pour in. It was probably ripped from some kind of British car from the 60s/70s

It's 21mm tall and he "slot" is 10mm long

Looked everywhere at the usual suppliers, nearest profile I can see is this one listed as "Jag Mk2 bonnet rest" but it doesn't look tall enough from the pic (asked for a sample, we'll see)

SRS1912small.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Tried all the usual suspects, and some obscure ones suggested, still no joy. I'm starting to wonder if it was originally an automotive application at all.

Have you tried www.Sealsdirect.co.uk ? They do boat and caravan seals aswell as jag etc and generic ones.

Yes, that little pic above is from them and the nearest they had in their vast catalogue. Tried a sample and it's too thick, and also more like solid rubber than sponge