free hit
counters
Broken panels? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

After picking up a second hand - 1000k - low kilometre Evora I noticed the gloss black panels either side of the windscreen where broken.

A liitle hard to describe the panel other than to say they run along the side of the windscreen from the roof line down to the upper guard area.

Both sides are broken about 100mm - 4 inches - down from the roof. They may have been broken when the screen was removed if it was broken/replaced.

They are both cracked right through.

I can photograph and email if anyone has thoughts or seen this before.

[email protected] is my email or PM me.

Thanks in anticipation.

Bernie

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Part 26 in this pic?

They're A-Pillar trims, £23 from Lotus.

11_01medium.gif

As I understood, these are famous for cracking very easily - Has anyone considered replacing the plastic type with something else like CF?

It seems to be an issue meanwhile resolved.

Thanks guys fir getting back.

I did not notice the cracks/breaks in them until taking delivery and detail cleaning the windscreen.

The screen may have been replaced?

Glad to hear the problem may have been resolved TBD - better quality plastic?

CEO the schematic makes it easy for me to talk this through with the parts guys, as I now have both a description/name and number.

Thanks again.

Bernie

I have had about 6 replaced over the years and it does not need any windscreen removal to have them damaged.  In fact they seem to self-destruct.  They also often break off the top inboard corner as well.  Both mine waiting replacement at the moment.  Booked in for Jan 7th.  They are only stuck on & I'd love a different and better replacement.