free hit
counters
Sport 350 fire - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Trevsked

Sport 350 fire

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I saw this last night and thought the same. then thought........what do I need and what could I justify buying??

Me too but no interior and the engine looks to have been cleaned up as would have been sooty. He wants £450 a wheel so it's going to be pricey for parts. I would like a rear wing but thats had it too.

Trevor.

That'll be a late car, 2000 on an X. Not one I know I think.

I thought all the real 350s were T and V reg???

Nope

Mine was an X reg :)

It was No. 42 - according to my records it had bits missing from the carbon fibre dash and (sorry Trev) the 2002 rear wing in place of the Sport 350 wing.

Looking at the pics though it has the rear wing pylons but the wing is not there, probably melted.

Trevor.

the aluminium 'uprights' are inside the cabin..under the rest of the roof/tailgate ?

Hi Trevor,

What's wrong with your wing?

Dave,

Nothing particularly but I would think the laqueur has peeled in the past and a previous owner has painted it. It looks nice in the metallic black but would be nicer in the original carbon fibre.

Trevor.

Why not get it refurbed. There's an owner on here called John Rotherham who has an Esprit V8 race car. He can do CF and overlay a fresh skin over the top and have it lacquered. As for uprights, I have a set of brand new ones which I never got round to doing anything with them. Or you can have your old ones re-annodised?

PS Jonathan can also do CF can't he?

Edited by superdavelotus

I rang this place today looking for the ECU as still having problems with mine, sounds like very little left worth having, he is expecting someone from "up North" to collect engine this week and they want the ECU with it, anyone on here?? Got the feeling they expect to get a fortune for every little part they can remove but dont want to be very helpfull on the phone or I might have rang at a bad time !!!

Dave,

I had thought about a carbon skin but as the wing would have been made in a mold I doubt a smooth finish could be obtained. I haven't asked if there are any wings left but guess I should, would be tempted if it wasn't mortgage money.

Chris,

Wash your mouth out and 100 lines of "I'm sorry I suggested using vinyl".

I going for a lay down now as you've made me feel giddy :-)

Martin,

Seems to be the story with most breakers/salvage companies these days but I would guess its very expensive to deal with and dispose of scrap cars and that expense has to be passed on or go out of business.

Trevor.

Hi Trevor,  A smooth finish can be obtain although it's a bit labour intensive. You would do this in the lacquer using several coats and keep flatting back to the whole finish smooth and flat.

Wings were extremely expensive when they are available. Just the middle piece was £1500 from what I can remember.

i rang this place about about a wing mirror and they wanted a lot for one so i went and bought one from france and got one brand  new boxed for a fraction of the price . 

I emailed for head light and rear diffuser - no bother to reply me at all.  Oh well.....

Thanks for the link, I had a look and frankly I think it's a new wing or nothing for me.

Trevor.