free hit
counters
Good news, bad news. - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Buddsy

Good news, bad news.

Good news

After 5 years of working on my TE finally got her started! :w00t: (bit lumpy don't think she was firing on all cylinders). Clemmo I might need a hand with the timing etc

Bad news

After running for approx. 2 minute wife came out and bollocked :vava: me for making so much noise @ 10.30 on a school night in a residential area! She said our house was shaking & out front door was rattling...I didn't think it was too bad but may have to rethink my exhaust! :hrhr:

Buddsy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hahaha

Your words "when you gonna get that car going, Im sick of that B72 FOE restoration thread?" are still ringing in my ears from last time we met! So I have been trying to pull my finger out and get it done!

Buddsy

If you could sneak out at night Jimmy, what would you be doing..?

You know I think the Esprit would be a [email protected] bond car really! :X I mean as a spy you wouldn't want to draw attention to your self...so between the dramatic looks and the sound that's not a great start. Like in the film FYEO when Bond is checking out the villains hideout and driving past in the white Turbo, always makes me giggle!

Buddsy

Great news & congratulations!

Big milestone I expect.

Well done that man, I bet you're well chuffed. :thumbsup:

Very BIG milestone am very happy as I have never ever seen her running! So whats the next thing to do to get her running better? Timing first Im guessing?

Buddsy

Are you sure you want to get that motor dirty Buddsy?

Quite a trip.  Timing, carbs?

Saw one breakin that suggested 20 minutes at 2k or so, even before balancing the carbs, to seat the cams/cam followers...

Deffo time to get it dirty!

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll93/scott_budds/?action=view&current=EspritStartUp.mp4

You might be able to hear a ting ting sound. I explored this last night and found the nut holding the fan on the alternator has come off so am trying to get hold of a nyloc from ebay.

Buddsy

I heard a Ting Tong. Is that the same?

I thought it was thunder Buddsy. Now I realise it was just you starting your car!!

Hi Scott.  looked at your pictures on Photobucket.  Is the plastic sheet with black bodge tape what you are leaving or replacing.  Mine has something similar although mine is worse.  Do you know if Lotus put a plastic sheet on originally?  Are they availiable?  If you will replace your what will you do it with.

Want to put something on mind that is worth having.  thanks

Phil

Phil on the pics that is how I replaced it. The old tape had dried and lost stick so I used the old plastic with new tape. It does look a bit naff but I think its only there to keep any water away from the inside back of your door trim. Its just plastic sheet so I dont think its got a Lotus part No.

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EGuides/EMaintenance/doorremoveold.html

Kimbers glad you could hear it at yours sound a bit lean or ok you think?  :w00t:

Buddsy

The secret to Lotus ownership and marital harmony...works for both spouses. :D

hearos-extreme-earplugs-6217.jpg

can't help ..but there is this impression -or with eyes shut and the light 'pinch' sound from it, your car just sounds like..

..or

??

Gunter I was going to say "Oi cheeky its not that bad" but it does actually sound like that! First one especially!! lol Dont know if thats   a good thing or a bad thing!

Buddsy  :thumbsup:

Well done, sounds like the timing is out, get that sorted then get the carbs balanced up.

Sounds like a misfire, does it stink of petrol on the fumes? mine was doing it and it was just chucking raw fuel through one of the cylinders unburnt.

Scott , Thanks for that.  Will make some nice ones up now I know they are not really a Lotus part.  Phil