free hit
counters
Timings & Important info thread - Lotus Factory Day 2006 - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Timings & Important info thread

Some details for you - Very much subject to change at present.

Sunday 8th

10am -1pm - Arrival and checkin at Wensum Valley hotel. Directions and a map of a safe journey in will be posted (Tomtom will take you down roads unsuitable for the Esprit, use our directions) Staring at an amazing collection of the worlds finest car will be encouraged :D

2pm - Leave for Great Yarmouth for a parade through the town, park up and met and greet the public. We will be collecting for charity during this time and this is subject to my further liaison with the Police and this will be publicised in the local media (press/radio/tv) so should get a nice turnout. Staring at an amazing collection of the worlds finest car will be encouraged :)

6pm - Return to hotel.

8pm - Midnight - Buffet (finger foods, Chilli/Curry & Rice etc) and various entertainments. Kimbers will sing for us, there will be a few speeches and we have invited all involved from the factory to attend. If you are staying at the hotel, the buffet is included, if not, then tickets will be on sale for about

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I may add as well. This auction will not just include promises and we will hope to have several unique items for auction possibly signed by Lotus Esprit involved staff. I will enquire to my father as to what particular collectable he will "throw in" and there will be, possibly, a superb offer from Lotus involving (NO NOT THE NEW ESPRIT :) ) having to change your pants!

Many items are subject to change but this will be a great opportunity to give money to charity and get a unique experience or piece of memorabilia. Please bring your cheque books! Those only coming on the Monday will have a chance to bid by letting me or bibs know what item they want to buy and their max bid...If it goes for less then you get it for less. We will post a list of the items a week or so prior to the day.

As Bibs says any experiences or items will be greatly appreciated....anyone own an off licence? :D

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

There 'may' be access to build records on the day also but this is to be confirmed and there may be a small fee or limited numbers and were hoping to have access to visit the Design Studio too if we can get permission (erm, I think that any pictures of the new car may be hidden! :))

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

With the origonal proposed plan and lunch its going to be a very busy day to squeeze all that in.

Looks to be a great event all the same. B)

Not really Carl as there will be groups of 40 all doing something different rather than getting 200 through at once....which would cause a problem.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Looks fantastic and great work !

I'm really looking foward meet there !

P.S. I just booked Easy-jet to Standsted flight no. 3562 and arrivel 11:20 AM Sunday 08-10-2006 Does any one meet there ?

Y.Hotta

Edited by esp88
Looks fantastic and great work !

I'm really looking foward meet there !

P.S. I just booked Easy-jet to Standsted flight no. 3562 and arrivel 11:20 AM Sunday 08-10-2006 Does any one meet there ?

Y.Hotta

Mate,

Post it on the thread regarding help in this section. I believe there is a Convoy coming past at some time from the South West. might be an hour earlier but am sure someone can accomidate.

Have to say, this is sounding brilliant!

I really appreciate this opportunity to attend such a great event, and I'm really grateful for all the hard work that's been put into the organisation.

Thanks guys - it's hugely appreciated!

Just hope the damn winter doesn't come early and snow on my pan-European plans :lol::D

Rob S
  • 2 weeks later...

No pressure then :o:(

Evora NA

Well it finally looks like I'm getting to go and see a very important place to me, where many of my childhood heros operated out of :)

As a kid I would have worked there for free if I had lived nearby :(

I truly think this will be a magic once in a lifetime experience for most of us :)

BTW, what time are the staff of Lotus Design planning on stoning me in public? :):P:)

blasph.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

About a quarter past Jehovah.... Which is about 20 minutes after Karl! :)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

they will embrace the future robin!!!!!!!!!!

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

10am -1pm - Arrival and checkin at Wensum Valley hotel. Directions and a map of a safe journey in will be posted (Tomtom will take you down roads unsuitable for the Esprit, use our directions)

Has this already been posted somewhere ? I would hate to end up somewhere in the 'far west'.

No, not yet.

Evora NA

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I am not as regular on the forum as most guys and hope I havn't missed some important information....like;

How do I know that I am one of the lucky attendees?

and

what are the final timings/meeting places?

We are already booked into the hotel for 3 nights

Really looking forward to the visit and meeting up with all the other Esprit's!

Brian... You better be going - Troy and I are doing a name badge for you! :lol:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Ok, signed copy of that for the charity auction please! :)

I never thought those words would ever be put together "I'm painting Lotus Racing Snipers" :lol: Especially with the words "I'm so excited"!

Will be nice to see you Rob. How long are you staying? Are you planning on doing a bit of sightseeing around here?

DUDE!!!! :lol:

That's AWESOME!!!! :( :( :)