free hit
counters
Splash of water out of drivers side footwell aircon pipe? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
benjamincalleja

Splash of water out of drivers side footwell aircon pipe?

I was nearly home from a long drive the other day with my aircon on the whole time and I took a corner and some water splashed onto my feet. Not much maybe 30ml. Maybe 60ml max. From where my feet were it must have come out of the flexible aircon pipe which provides hot or cold air to the footwell. At first I thought it could be aircon condensation but that sounds kinda lame and unlikely. Where could the splash come from? First time ever. I had used a lot of water from the wiper jets to clean the windscreen along the way?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The washer jet feed pipes do pass above both footwells. Maybe water has collected whilst using them due to a split or the pipe being worn through.

The jets are attached high up and in the lotus position with a good torch you can see them.

Give them a squirt and wear some goggles!

There must be a drain hole in the heater box for the condensed water vapour to drain. Maybe its blocked?

The parts list will surely show the drain but I don't have mine with me.....

Hope this helps

Glyn

ill have a look, thanks Glyn.  will let you know.  the heater box can be inspected by opening the fron and removing the plastic housing from the center cant it?  I think?  pretty sure ive seen pics of the heater assembly living there with the drain next to it....?