free hit
counters
Clutch Hydraulic Seals - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Roger 912

Clutch Hydraulic Seals

Not often that I find myself in the Esprit in traffic and I found that I was parked at a traffic light in 1st gear with my foot on the clutch and the car started to creep forward. I know I should not do that, but in South Africa we have different traffic light sequence to civilised Counties. Our light change directly from red to green and if you are not ready to pull away you have irate drivers hooting behind you. The amber light only comes on singularly to advise you that the lights are about to go to red.

I need to replace the master and slave seals and I am wondering if these are standard to many cars or specific to the Esprit.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You'll face the difficulty that until you have them apart you'll not know exactly what seals are required. A genuine Lotus cylinder may be the same throughout the life of that pert or maybe not, if sourced from a different manufacturer to the same spec.

they are a standard bore so with the right seal kit for that manufacturer you should be OK.

Thanks Andy. To dismantle the system and then have to order parts from the UK will put the car off the road for to long a period. I would like to do the same job on the brakes and replace all the seals. It is not that I am having problems, but I would like to stop problems before they could arise.