free hit
counters
Seal between door trim and glass - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
philleech

Seal between door trim and glass

The external door window trim bits on my S1 were so rusty when I got it theres quite a lot of guess work going on as to what I need. Ive bought the door cap trim and a seal retaining strip from SJ that seem to fit together but Im unsure what actually provides the seal at the bottom of the door window. Is it a rubber trim or a brush affair thats similar to the one on the inside? Any clues or a piccy would be a big help.

Thanks

Phil

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It depends how old your S1 is. the very early ones had a felt strip on the outside which clips to the door capping rail. The later ones had a rubber strip which fits between the door capping rail and the other bit you have. I'm going to upgrade mine to the rubber seal as the early ones were crap!

Paul.

The Elite/Eclat has this felt external seal and it's obviously useless, the doors fill with water in a shower and the drain holes are too close to the bottom seals = leaks. If there is an alternative clip on "wiping" rubber please let us know.

I used these on my S1 Esprit...

D079U4438K
E079U4434F
F079U4315F

All from SJ.

Paul.

The weatherstrip is the bit Im missing, typing in seal or rubber trim or drop glass didnt find it on SJs website. Well done Paul

Phil