free hit
counters
What exhaust is this on an SE? - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Andy Esprit SE

What exhaust is this on an SE?

Hi,

I've just been swatting up on exhaust and listened to the Larini before and after videos then hit you tube for some more inspiration. After drooling over the noise the V8's make for most of the evening and annoying the mrs with a video of an orange one roaring the speakers off our ipad, I came across this one, a silver SE with twin pipes, sounds great to me, the exhaust tips look slightly slanted so could this one be a Larini ? It doesn't sound as loud as the Larini videos?

http://youtu.be/SwGd620ic_8

Best regards

Andy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

ugh, sounds horrible.  The timing belt is too tight!

That exhaust does not sound like my Stebro dual tip exhaust on my 89 SE.

I don't have a clip of my exhaust, but I could make one with my GoPro camera.

My car is usually confused for a V8 by the sound.  It really doesn't have any of the usual Esprit sewing machine sound.

The belt does sound to noisey but I thought it sounded alright, I haven't managed to meet up with anyone else with an esprit yet so once summer comes ill hopefully get to hear yours at some point.

My exhaust is looking rusty it works alright for now but I fancy the twin pipes, if I could make mine sound anything near a v8 I'd be over the moon ha ha!

Wow that one sounds loud !!! Does have some meat to it though. Travis I only just realised your on the other side of the pond so if you do make a video in the future ill look forward to seeing it.

No it is not a Larini that silencer box is about twice the size .

I put one on my esprit turbo about six years ago and the sound is amazing

They all sound great ! Gonna have to upgrade in the future but will be a while off unfortunately (baby due in 6 weeks ha ha)

post-13397-0-00068000-1368549249.jpg

Hi , I've just fitted this, sounds awesome and it feels more responsive. I will get a video going soon to demonstrate.

• Like 1

Very nice, look forward to hearing it, ..............

NICE! Anyone across the pond there (I am in Texas) know of any who make a center exit, twin tip, for 1994 S4? mine came with the center exit rear valance from the PO and exhaust but the quality of it is sorely lacking in terms of welding skill, muffler used and the tips are hideous looking black jet fighter nozzle looking thingys.. :P

attachicon.gifTwin Exit Tail Pipe with bypass.JPG

Hi , I've just fitted this, sounds awesome and it feels more responsive. I will get a video going soon to demonstrate.

Hi, I have not long since joined the forum and I have just acquired a 91 Esprit SE and amongst the jobs required is the exhaust, the pic of yours looks like a very nice set up, would you mind letting me know where its from and how much? I also need to understand what's involved in de-cat'ing so any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,    Barry

Hi Barry , there's a group buy running on this site under Site Sponsors, all prices and details explained there. It's made by Alunox , this replaces the CAT and rear silenser in one. There are other group buys running for the manifold and charge cooler also. If you need any more info let me know. Mark