free hit
counters
How do I remove the side skirt/ side valence of an 88 turbo? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
benjamincalleja

How do I remove the side skirt/ side valence of an 88 turbo?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

These are riveted on as well as bonded. Start by drilling out the rivets with an over sized drill bit. Once all rivets are tapped through (there will be around 4 or 5 in the wheel arches which will be hidden by the paint), from memory it is bonded onto the car only around the bottom edge of the door at the top of the sill. You can get through this with a sharp knife/hacksaw blade/dremel etc.

Get in touch with Geoff. Or better pop over and see his before he finishes re-assembling it.

Yea I need to catch up with you guys its been ages. He must be well and truly on his way now. I discovered the sills have been obsolete for ten years. It's stupid really and annoying as I have a dollar coin sized hole in the underside of mine (screwdriver accident don't ask). It's not visible unless from underneath but I was going to just replace and respray the entire sill. Now I have to try and repair the fiberglass which seems utterly impossible given i don't have access to the inside of the sill!!