free hit
counters
Elise S1 Suspension Setup - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi, after some more advice please.

My Elise will shortly be having its suspension set up. It will be on a newly fitted Bilstein S2 kit, tyre sizes 195/50/15 front 225/45/16 rear and will be for road use only....My question is, should I be asking for any particular setup values or will it be ok to let them get on with it and set it to what the default settings are.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all

Marcus

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Where are you taking it to be done? The Elise is very sensitive to geometry, you can set it up how you like it for neutral, under or oversteer and a decent and knowledgeable garage is key here. 

Its not me taking it. It will be taken from the bodyshop where its at the moment.

Its in Bishops Stortford if anyone can reccomend a suitable garage in that area.

I just thought it may be a good idea to be able to tell them what to set it at.

TDI at Lakeside have a Hunter machine (as used at Hethel) and a wealth of experience setting up Elise/Exige cars. Tell them how you'd like it to drive and they'll do the rest! 

If you want it to drive like when it was new, any decent garage will have the values they need to set it to programmed into their machine. 

Thanks. Cant see them wanting to take it 30 odd miles, but I'll have a chat with them after Christmas and see where they were thinking.

I have the same suspension and had it geo'd at Essex autosport.

I will dig out the setup sheet and post it on here when I find it.

A lot of people choose the 340R road use setup, when they change from Koni to Bilstein. Any one tried this already?

Mine was 340R set up done at Track Torque on the Bilstien S2 shocks.It was fantastic and was without doubt the best handling S1 I've driven.

My car is going in for a geo tomorrow, I think I'll ask for the road use 340r setup as this seems very common for an S1 on S2 suspension.

Just dropped it off at Lipscombs and asked for the 340r dry road setup. Will report back :)

Any updates?