free hit
counters
Valve seal on its own? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi all,

I haven't driven my car properly for a while due to weather.

Noticed what a thought was a slow puncture as part of my usual weekly checks. Had a spare tyre so went and got that fitted to find out its the rubber seal on the valve that has gone and it's leaking air.

I have the 19" forged wheels with TPMS metal valves, speaking to (and ordering the nuts by mistake initially) they only supply the seals with the valve and TPMS module for £40.

Any one know where I can get a valve seal without the valve and the module?

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Interested as well. I've found an "Evora TPMS service kit" on ebay, apparently it includes new seals.

They are the ones - I have quite a few spare now as it was only £12 or so for the 10 sets delivered. If you want some let me know via PM and for a small contribution I will happily sell the 6 spare ones as the kits on eBay are day light robbery!

Captain had 4 for £7.50 delivered to France (should be with you any day mate) - so I still have 2 spare if anyone needs them over the coming months.

Seems that the site posted has stopped selling tpms stuff.

Does anybody have a new source? They're no longer on eBay either

I have sold the Evora, my 4 spare valves (bought from Raf) are available.

If you are interested Ryan, keep me advised, I have to find them in my garage but it shouldn't be a problem.

when mine was leaking it just needed 1/4 of a turn to tighten it - no seal required. Worth a try before trying to get bits replaced.

get some water with a tiny bit of washing up liquid in it and poor it on the valve, if you see lots of small bubbles its still leaking

when mine was leaking it just needed 1/4 of a turn to tighten it - no seal required. Worth a try before trying to get bits replaced.

get some water with a tiny bit of washing up liquid in it and poor it on the valve, if you see lots of small bubbles its still leaking

Thanks for that. Wasn't the valve. Had a nail on the the inside near the edge. Not repairable. Grrr.