free hit
counters
Evora 19"/20" Winter Tires? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Moxie

Evora 19"/20" Winter Tires?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

TireRack gives you all options, if any. I'm happy with the extra set of rims for winter, but you are thinking in the right direction, Lotus recommendation for winter tired is too small, I'm on summer sizes with Michelin PA3.

Are the recommended Yokohama's not available in that size Matt?

Not from Tire Rack, and in the US if they don't have them then no one does.

Just called to clarify and Lotus didn't spec a winter tyre for the 19 & 20 inch wheels. You need to fit W-Drive's to the 18 & 19's to stay with the OEM spec ad Lotus ASO do special offers for wheel/tyre packages to dealers in the UK. 

The options over here for 18"/19" winter/snow performance tires in matched sets and the correct wheel sizes are:

• Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60
  • Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4
  • Pirelli Winter Sottozero Serie II

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?customSizeSearch=true&frontWidth=225%2F&frontRatio=40&frontDiameter=18&rearWidth=255%2F&rearRatio=35&rearDiameter=19

I'll probably go with the Pirellis since after rebate they're $200-$300 cheaper than the others. Just need to swap out the design diamond cuts for the stealth classics.

Interesting, also wanted the Pirellis but following dealer advise and looking at Pirelli's ridiculous pricing over here I went for Michelin PA3.