free hit
counters
Purchase of 1987 na hc - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cbclotus

Purchase of 1987 na hc

Hi all.Ihave bought a 87 na hc.Thats needs restoration work .Not sure if if i am in to deep.But here goes.The car is in the restoration thread started by Richard.Hallet,Here goes,Engine moves with plugs removed.New cam belt purchased.Interior not to bad.Paint faded.Genuine 50.000 miles.I have talked to a few people on the forum about my plans for the car.I am not against engine convertions.But i know its a rare car.Papers showing it was the 10th car built by lotus.How much do you guys think the engine is worth.......I will take some pictures soon car is tucked up in my small garage.Thanks Mike.Happy new year.................

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If its a rare car it would seem a shame to change the engine.  If its already hacked about fair enough but if its all there why not rebuild it properly.  As far as the engine goes Lotus bits list it at £1600 running or £1000 condition unknown or there was a rebuilt  (but some time ago so might need new seals) on ebay from SW Lotus for £2350.

Edited by mdw

Fair point Malcolm.Hope fully with the help of a few people who know far more than me .We will try and start the car.My mate use to work for a lotus dealer no longer going.He might do the cam belt for me.....Hope so.................Thanks Mike