free hit
counters
more head light stuff - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

been given some h1 (100w) replacements for my s3 lights but im a bit concerned about turning the front into a toaster, being as they are famous for wiring quality, i see LEW did some upgrades on a stevens  but that is a much later car (improved)loom  :huh: anyone tried this or have any thoughts pls  :unworthy: i have figured 8.3 amp draw per filament thanks steve

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

With standard main beam lamps I've had to replace the plastic pins in my headlight switch a couple of times over the years as the heat from prolonged use seems to distort them just enough that the contact becomes poor. With 100w lamps I'd suggest fitting a relay or  else  plan on renovating that switch slightly more frequently 

I'm not a fan of up rating lights as it will put a strain on the original loom but if you have to, go for an HID kit as there loads of room for hiding the extra wiring in the pod or even under the bonet! Not hard to fit either kits start from about £30 on line. Plus it won't effect the wiring and its fused separately. Good luck in whatever you do, hope it helps!

By the way doubling the lamp wattage only doubles the current it doesnt double the light output. If my memory serves me right youll only get a 25% increase in light output......

It might not be worth the hassle?

Phil

Careful of HID.  Aftermarket fittings were to be an MoT failure this year (and rightly so) unless headlamp levellers are present - no chance with an Esprit. I don't think it was made a mandatory check in the end, but it's only a matter of time.

Anyone who fits aftermarket HIDs should be shot at dawn.