free hit
counters
Eclat Restoration Blog - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LOTUSPOINT

Eclat Restoration Blog

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Very nice - I was interested in the fuel pump bit - as you say, bolted on the other way around to mine!

Very nice - I was interested in the fuel pump bit - as you say, bolted on the other way around to mine!

Im not at this point yet, but started with restoring the carbs. I will share more information as soon I have done it...

Very nice Blog! and use full,

and its also nice that you also place my name (thank you for that!!) inside the blog, so everybody know's where to get parts,

i have still enough, so just mail me if you need a part for a excel/eclat/elite,

keep up the good work, and enough your eclat!

what is a flowlock valve anyway?

did you get the bolts reanodised or are they new too?

The flow lock valve is a fuel cut off solenoid valve in the fuel line between the pump and carb's, usually fitted where the fuel line comes into the engine bay.

if you have a bad connection or duff valve the fuel pump will tick away but no fuel gets to the carb's, sometimes people remove it to overcome the problem. Please don't though as the fuel tank is quite high and you can get a siphon effect which empty's the contents of the tank into the carb's and engine if you park on a hill.

Most modern diesel cars have a similar valve fitted now so you could track down one of these, or try one of the anti-theft solenoid valves available on ebay.

did you get the bolts reanodised or are they new too?

That depends... I reanodised some seldom parts. Suspension bolts I bought new. But most bolts, where strength is not so important, I made an upgrade to stainless steel.

better than new, surely

That is not that difficult, because it was hand built in Great Britain... :huh:

... Where did you get the new fuel flowlock valve from?

As mentioned from other members --> SJ 

(I need that amount of originality!)

Edited by LOTUSPOINT