free hit
counters
Need V8 Electrical Diagram 11A - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Paul93Lotus

Need V8 Electrical Diagram 11A

Hello,

I am attempting to retrofit a Kelsey hayes 430 brake system into my S4s, and I am missing the electrical diagram 11A  (which is GT3), but part of the V8 98 and later electrical diagrams.  Can anyone help me out...don't want to fry my ABS computer by splicing to the wrong wire because I was missing one drawing. Diagram 11A has most of the wiring for the brake light switch and a vacuum pump wire.

Cheers!

Paul 

Edited by Paul93Lotus

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

taken 'from the bible' ..just for you :D

http://imagenetz.de/thbf29a4b1/BILD2185.JPG

BILD2185.JPG

http://www.imagenetz.de/fbf29a4b1/BILD2185.JPG.html

can you on the other hand identify a equal Cobra-siren version with the same number of pins (see my pictures there in the SIR-siren topic overhere)

..think you have a guy there in the US who deals with this stuff

(it's not that I want to buy a new unit, even if he wants to force me into .. it is so far just for interenst, to learn something about those od Cobra-alarm systems..and compare it with the Elise units)

Thanks Gunter for the schematic! It definitely added peace of mind, but was very similar to the S4 scematic.

Most US alarms have either two or four wires from what I have been able to research. The ones with battery back up appear to be 4-wire.  Since it looks like Cobra is a european company,  I am not sure if there would be anything that would work as a cross reference.  I would imagine that possibly any simple 2 wire siren may work if you knew the ground wire and voltage wire...maybe third wire is to detect wire cutting which woukld trigger the battery power?

Edited by Paul93Lotus

what I mean is another Cobra-siren with 4 wires ..as it seems that the 'type numbers' with the four digit type only refer to a specific application (in terms of car manufacturer/model) ..but not mean that the base components of the cobra alarms are different  ..most cobra alarm version look like with different option, build out of a package ?

-therefore I would like to fit in a used Cobra siren from the Elise, or any other Cobra siren for a different car-manufacturer (straight away from ebay) ..just something in this way , as long as it is from the 4 wire Cobra-type.

Edited by Günter